Thread: Accident fear

Accident fear

Now this might sound really crazy, so bear with me,

I had an accident the other day, I caught my foot in the wire near my PC I then twisted fell and pulled the keyboard down on my ankle and foot, it all happened so quickly, I was on the phone at the time, but I hobbled to the sofa rubbed it better and though no more of it.

I then had a doctors apt that afternoon to put my mind at rest about all my other fears, and came out of their feeling great.

Then that night I came home and I noticed my foot was really hurting, so I took a look at it and it was bright red very hot and really hurt, I couldn;t even put it down properly.

Anway, I started to panic a bit, I then noticed the pain started to travel and althought the foot is swollen and red I started to convince myself I had caused a blood clot and it was travelling to my heart,now I am panicking writing this story, so apologies if I start making spelling mistakes. Now I know this sounds really crazy to some people, and I know this is probably irrational, but I have had four panic attacks since yesterday because of my fear and my ability to convince myself this is worse than what it is.

I cant go and get it checked out and I a petrified, please tell me iother people think like this or I will lock myself away

Sorry guys I apologise but this is driving me mad, I am scared to move at the moment

Any suggestions would be great

Sue with 5 children

scknight

with any injury like that it will be sore and maybe swollen so be sure to
    rice it as this is what i was taught in first aid hope it helps and am sure it wont be ant to bad if doc has already checked it out for you
    Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevate

good luck take care

leanne

hi sue, i dont think you are going mad at all when i first started having panic attacks i would think as my heart was racing and missing beats etc that i was going to have a heart attack and would panic at that thought which would make me worse.i think when we are panicking we over react no matter how normal it feels at the time.I hope i am making sense as i hope you feel better knowing this does happen to others but try and sit yourself down and tell yourself to relax and be rational about your ankle,crikey i hope i dont sound like i am preaching or anything but that sort of thing helps me,i hope it helps.

mel xx

melanie

It's only normal that your foot hurts Sue!! Have you tried putting ice on it to help with the swelling? It's natural that you feel a bit panicky hun so don't beat yourself up about it..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

yeah seh that was i said

Sue ,

You say a few days ago.. how many please and how has it changed since you did it ?

Its most likely a soft tissue injury, will bruise, hurt like hell and recover.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hiya Sue, just to say thinking about ya pal,I dont think your crazy I know how worrying thoughts can escalate, if you are still worried on Monday, get the GP to come to you!
    If you are still really worried before then could you ring casualty and go, if you explain your situation Im sure they would see you and not make you wait
    Just a thought, keep in touch Sue,Feel free to mail me Love Alexis,x

hi susan, I do exactly the same since i have had this anxiety/panic thing. I have been feeling better last few weeks so have been working in my workshap and garden which i havnt done for years. And I cut and scratched myself a few times and had a few bums as u do in garden work?. And omg I get so worked up with a little cut that i wouldnt have took any notice of a few years ago, thinking blood poison etc then running in washing my hands and applying tcp lol, I also banged my head, it come up in a lump and worried me sick for days, I even wanted to go and get head x-ray lol and look how many bums and cuts we had when young and just ignored them? take care. Vernon

I'm exactly the same, Vern. If I catch myself on a rose thorn I imagine tetanus and clean the wound like mad.

Just another lovely anxiety symptom.

Kate x

Thanks Guys

I know its all irrational and the swelling is now going down nicely, but I got myself into such a state. Anyway symptoms change daily for me so if it was not this one it would have been something else.

I am not doing too well at the moment and I am feeling very anxious but I am so glad you guys posted it has made me feel so much better

Sue with five children

scknight

Thread Information