Thread: trazodone

trazodone

Hi guys.
    I have just seen my gp, thinking that my thyroid levels were out of whack again but after a long discussion, she (and I) believe that the symptoms I am having indicates a bout of mild depression with quite severe anxiety. This anxiety wakes me at 3.00am in a sweaty panic and I can't get back to sleep. If I'm honest, this has been creeping up on me for a while now and was probably caused by work stress/moving house and life in general! She has prescribed trazodone at a dosage of 50mg night and morning (quite a low dose I believe).
    I have read the post further down the forum page and it was helpful BUT I am a total tablet wimp and I am scared (oh so very scared!!) to start taking them. I know they will probably help both the anxiety and the sleep disturbance but the thought of feeling weird and funny in the head is really frightening for me.
    I have had problems with anxiety on and off for many years and have even been hospitalised on occasion. I have been prescribed loads of different meds at different times, and some of them made me feel very odd indeed so perhaps this is is why I am so apprehensive with these new ones!
    Any input on this particular medication would be very welcome. Many thanks xxMaz

Re: trazodone

hi ive been taking this at night for 2 weeks now 150mg a night , ive noticed when i wake up in night now i can get back to sleep much quicker than before where id lay there panicking for hours, yours is a low dose i personally got to the stage where i would of tried anything to help me i was at my wits end im not noticing a great difference in day yet though but its early days yet these can take upto 3 weeks to make you feel better , they wont hurt you im proof of that give them a go theres no bad side effects either just a bit drowsy in morning but it wears off good luck with them xxxx

Thanks Amandaj-I will try taking one tonight-wish me luck!! xx

hope it went ok and you had a good night

Hi Maz,

I was also prescribed trazadone for anxiety but only took it at night never in the day. I was on a bigger dosage than you so perhaps that is why. It worked for me but I also have thyroid issues and when my thyroid went out of whack and due to the dosage of trazadone I was too tired to get out of bed so they took me off of the trazadone. I do hope it works for you.

Good luck,

Laura

Thread Information