Thread: Atos Healthcare

Atos Healthcare

I'm posting this message here, as I'm a sufferer of depression myself, and I know that the subject title will be very well known here. It seems that Atos 'has it in' for those who suffer from mental illness of any form in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xB7rerltmo

That's my take on Atos.

I've been in contact with Philip Hendry at the BBC, who is currently looking for people to do on-camera interviews regarding Atos. Contact details here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/messageboards/F3...8320&skip=0

I intend to do my bit in making Atos' transgressions very well known.

Re: Atos Healthcare

How about contacting all the candidates standing in your area and asking them if they will sign up to the carerwatch general election pledge on ESA and mental health.

http://carerwatch.com/mhealth/

Carerwatch in non party political but we think you might as well know how the candidates stand on this before you vote and so please ask them.

This is an eye opener

Tax evasion costs Treasury 15 times more than benefit fraud

So why not leave the sick alone and go after real parasites.

Interesting link on the BBC website.

I prepared an appeal which the person won and I hear, there are more and more appeals costing even more of the tax payers money, not forgetting legal aid for advise, again paid for in tax.

It was hard to prove some of the appeal. For example, the person answered yes or no to certain questions. The assessor ticked different boxes and basically wrote things that were complete fantasy. The person won the appeal because there were so many discrepancies between other documents and statements and the supposed answers.

he won the appeal because I was able to help and advise him. But, what of people who are already ill, anxious, depressed, agoraphobic etc. To put people through the fear, worry is just abuse by the system

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Typer View Post
    Interesting link on the BBC website.

I prepared an appeal which the person won and I hear, there are more and more appeals costing even more of the tax payers money, not forgetting legal aid for advise, again paid for in tax.

It was hard to prove some of the appeal. For example, the person answered yes or no to certain questions. The assessor ticked different boxes and basically wrote things that were complete fantasy. The person won the appeal because there were so many discrepancies between other documents and statements and the supposed answers.

he won the appeal because I was able to help and advise him. But, what of people who are already ill, anxious, depressed, agoraphobic etc. To put people through the fear, worry is just abuse by the system

And I am afraid that it is going to get worse with everything that is going on in this country.

The info I have found on the net about this company and their practises would make your eyes fall out. People in the middle of chemo treatment being told they are fit for work. Manipulation of the answers, treating 'customers' with disdain and so on.

At least under the old scheme the patients health history was taken into account.

I think that if 'customers' feel that the doctor/nurse had treated them like a third class citizen they should report them to their professional body.

Thanks for that link and I'll read through it later. How scary things are becoming.

I as told that a person with progressed heart disease was told they could work and do an office job.

With all the new reforms going on, I fear many sick people will be sicker once they go through the new system...which will cost so much more money because of the set up.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information