Thread: Dry Throat, GERD or Anxiety?

Dry Throat, GERD or Anxiety?

I went to the doctors a few weeks ago regarding my heartburn and regurgitation and I'd basically done enough online research to tell them I though I had Acid Reflux, they gave me a 14 day course of Omeprazole and they told me to come back if they didn't lessen the symptoms and I would have to have the camera down my throat.

The thing is they did work and I had zero heartburn, I did have the mucus and feeling of something in my throat slightly still but not near as bad.

I haven't had any omeprazole for about a week now (havent been back docs yet) but I've started to get a really dry throat, the back of tongue and throat just feel all yucky, when I swallow it almost feels like my throat or tongue is cracked, could this be due to the acid reflux even though I haven't officially been diagnosed, or is it anxiety? Have I overswallowed. Obviously I'm sure you all know what I'm convinced it is (trying to not think though). I'm now unsure I actually have Acid Reflux as it went away so quickly. I had heartburn ALL the time, regurgitation, chest pains at times, silent burping etc.

Re: Dry Throat, GERD or Anxiety?

Could it be a side effect to the medication?
    sometimes a really dry throat can make you cough or feel like your are chocking.
    Have you tried any throat sweets, sugar free gum, or that cough syrup where it's just honey lemon and sugar?
    If your tongue is very white it could be oral thrush, low b12 can cause mouth sores, not too sure on other vitamins but making sure you're getting enough of everything could help.

Thread Information