Thread: GAD, globus question

GAD, globus question

Hi everyone,

I'm new here I suffer from generalized anxiety since a thew years back, in January 2016 I had a major burst of extreme anxiety what was at peak for around 18 months since then it has calmed down to not notercing it atall for days but every so often I get symptoms of anxiety so I would say my anxiety is very mild, in August 2016 I was diagnosed with globus I just couldn't and still cannot swallow solid food I have lived on ensure plus fibre and lost around 26kg in weight, when I was told my swallowing was caused by anxiety I thought the swallowing would get better as my anxiety reduces, but it hasn't and it's been 2 years since it started, my doctor still thinks it's based on anxiety, but I feel good within myself i don't deny anxiety is still sneaking around, but I am able to think very clear and positive, I am now able to get out my house a live relatively good day to day and enjoy it but I do question when I have gone from not leaving my bed for 6 months plus to what I am today the only thing that effects my quality of life is being on ensure daily as you can imagen I suffer from blackouts/collapse, dizziness, bloating, horrible acid reflux it is not the way to be but it is what it is anyone with globus had to deal with a simular situation would be good if you could let me hear how you got over it s

Thank you

Re: GAD, globus question

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: GAD, globus question

Trust me it can still be down to anxiety.

I am in no way cured or on the mend I still really struggle bit my eating has gotten better, I just worked my way up with soft foods and now I can eat a lot of things provided I just chew loads and eat small bitefulls and Have some tea with me.

I still get the sensations for sure but I find a sip helps them go away, it takes me a while to eat and I do need to pee very often but it definitely helps x

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Thread Information