Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Re: Just switched to Escitalopram: my experience

Ugh, I've had a rotten day today. Increased anxiety, and my appetite is gone.

I'm dreading bedtime. Absolutely dreading it.

I feel like I'm back to square one :-(.

I probably will go up to 10 mg. tomorrow. There doesn't seem any reason not to now. Dreading the next few weeks. I'm picturing day after day of feeling how I am right now :-(.

Day 3 of 10 mg

Yep, I'm finally on the dose I was actually prescribed nearly 3 months ago ;-)!!

So far, it's been much, much better than what I expected. I envisioned feeling so rotten that I'd have to be calling in sick to work, and sticking close to home. It hasn't been like that at all.

For side effects, I've had very slight nausea that comes and goes, an occasional tingling feeling in my scalp, and occasional slight chills. These are all things that I don't think I'd even notice if I wasn't actively looking for side effects.

More noticeable side effects include an increase in sweating during random times (actually I've had that for a week or so now), a headache the first day (Tylenol cleared it right up), a spaced out/not fully with it feeling that increases in the afternoon, and increased anxiety that waxes and wanes all day and night. I've been trying to keep as busy as possible, and that helps with the increased anxiety.

As for my sleep, I surprisingly fell asleep on my own the first night, and slept well. Last night, I had anxiety after going to bed, so I did have to take a trazadone in order to sleep.

Now, I get to play the waiting game, and see if 10 mg will be an effective dose for me. I plan to stay at the 10 mg for at least 8 weeks.

Day 6 of 10 mg.

I'm been doing really well :-). I don't think I've had any side effects the past 3 days.

I do have minor anxiety off and on, but I think that's my "regular" anxiety, rather than a side effect.

Sleep is still hit or miss. I did great for two nights, and then last night had to take a trazadone. I don't think the insomnia is a side effect either; but just the insomnia I've had for the past few months. I'm really hoping my sleep improves as the weeks go on.

I wish you luck with your medication. My anxiety always seems to increase when is start these meds. I am trying Effexor again in the next few days. I only made it 3 weeks last time.

Good luck, Ethansmom!!

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Day 11. Double digits :-).

I've been having a few side effects the last several days. Occasional chills and scalp tingling.

Friday, I had a definite increase in anxiety that lasted almost all day. Then, yesterday I was fine, and totally back to my old self with absolutely no anxiety. It's strange how it can change from day to day!

Sleep has been maybe a bit better? Last night, I woke in the night for about an hour, but was able to fall asleep on my own again. The two previous nights I slept great, getting a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep both nights, which is almost unheard of for me since April.

I've had a few afternoons where I feel really out of it, and spaced out.

I've also been a bit tired during the day, and yawning.

You're doing well Kel.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Day 13 : Almost 2 weeks in!

Awful day yesterday. Increased anxiety, no appetite, all that fun stuff. It did get better in the evening. Then, I had a really bad night, and had to take trazodone in order to sleep.

Today, I ended up just going back to bed after I took my pill this morning. I didn't sleep, but just rested. Now that I'm up, I'm having stomach issues. Fun times.

I'm feeling a bit low today, due to the sleep issues and because at this point I had hoped to not be feeling worse;-). I'm starting to really wonder if escitalopram will even work for me, or if I'll have to go up a dose or two.

Day 14 :-). I'm so glad the first two weeks are over.

I had some anxiety yesterday, but it went away in the evening. I also had a really bad headache. I'm not sure if it was a side effect of the meds, or because I've got a cough and cold right now. Despite the headache, I slept really well last night.

Today has been a better day. Anxiety in the morning, but very little this afternoon.

One side effect that has totally disappeared the past few days is the out of it/spacy feeling.

One huge plus is that I haven't had any morning anxiety/dread when waking up in the morning, for about three weeks now! The anxiety doesn't start until about an hour or so after I've taken my pill, which makes me think it's a side effect of the drug rather than my "original" anxiety.

Day 16 on 10 mg. Almost 2 months in since starting on 5 mg.

Wednesday evening, I had a really bad headache again. I went to bed really early, and fell asleep almost immediately, and then slept pretty great all night. I did wake up around 3:30 a.m., and figured I was probably up for the day at that point, having already slept over 6 hours! But, I did fall back asleep after 30 minutes or so.

Thursday, a slight increase of anxiety in the morning, followed by a pretty good day. more anxiety in the late/afternoon and evening.

Today (Friday) I'm having anxiety again. It started shortly after I got up this morning, and his lasted all day. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow :-). I did sleep okay last night; I woke a few times but fell back asleep again.

I've noticed a lot of jaw clenching today! I also had stomach upset in the morning.

Day 20 on 10 mg.

I had a really great weekend :-). A minor bit of anxiety that cleared up fairly early in the morning. The rest of the time, I felt fine. I had a busy weekend, and I've noticed that that really makes a difference for me: the busier I am, the better.

Yesterday (Monday), I had a bit of anxiety in the morning, and again late afternoon. My anxiety now focuses on whether or not the escitalopram is working (I do think it's starting to), and whether or not I'll have to increase a dose. Today, I've got a bit anxiety this morning, which I hope dissipates as the day goes on.

I'm sleeping much better, especially the last few nights. When I wake in the night, I fall back asleep again right away. I do wake about an hour earlier than I need to in the morning, but that could be because I've been going to bed earlier. Yesterday, I even took a little nap in the afternoon, and still managed to sleep good last night ;-).

The only side effect I'm noticing now is still grinding my teeth during the day (I do at night too, but I've always done that, so I don't count it as a side effect).

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information