Thread: Worried!! :(

Thumbs down Worried!! :(

all! Ughh. I am having a rough few days. I get myself so worried about every small symptom to the point that I am crying and it ruins the day for me. I am in therapy so it’s being managed but it’s just difficult. Last month I had strep and I FREAKED out before I knew what it was. Anyways, I’ve been having indigestion and the globus sensation (feeling of something in throat), and I’ve kept having to burp (sorry to be gross) and kept doing that and kept not being able to get it out. It felt like food took a while to go down but maybe because I was thinking about it more. Today I got a really bad burning feeling in my throat/chest that felt like the stomach acid maybe or something. It scared me so much. I was so upset. I’m young and healthy but I’m nervous. My mom said if it still hurts in a few weeks we will make an appt with a GI. I wish I didn’t get so nervous about everything. I have a family history of IBS and GERD / Acid Reflux, and really bad anxiety. I guess what made it worse too was that I have a missed period also so I’m like what could be wrong with me. I know it’s okay. It just freaks me out. I’ve been googling and I know I’m really not supposed to. I wish I could just calm myself down and stop being so worried. :( I feel crazy. I’m worried that something really wrong is wrong with me, but I always am. I get myself so upset. I know this type of thing is common. Ugh. Thanks to any replies and I’m sorry if I sound ridiculous:(

Re: Worried!! :(

Hi there sorry you're feling like this.
    I'm in the same situation at the moment because googling symptoms has convinced me I have this horrible condition and I haven't been able to calm down the whole week. I would say to go to the doctors as soon as you can not because you would be in medical danger if you don't but just so they can put your mind at rest. I know it's so hard not to panic. But I would reccomend this sleep anxiety guided meditation video I found on YouTube. Should come up if you type it in. Not necessarily just to sleep despite the name but for whenever you feel anxious. And there's loads of them as well. Try not to Google your symptoms and trust me I know that's hard to do. You'll get there in the end. Do you speak to a councilor at all? Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Thread Information