Thread: My new worry- heart attack from neck massage?

My new worry- heart attack from neck massage?

Hi All!
    So I got a facial on Thursday - and part of it was a massage, I hate being massage and I"m annoyed i didn't say anything. I have a sore neck anyway, but as I was laying their she massages your neck area, and it hurt, I told her it hurt and she went softer but she kept massaging that area, I tensed up really strong and then she stopped, but now I've got a head cold, my shoulders and neck are super tense and tight, and I'm blaming her, plus I googled neck massage and it came up with heart attack - cartoid arteries, neck etc . ... so now i'm in a state of panic that I"m actually about to have a neck massage.
    Everything i've read states that the people that have had a heart attack had one within a week.
    I could of course just be coming down with a head cold - I seem to be perpetually sick in winter... and I'm so unhappy just trying to get through.

My eyes are heavy, my neck is sore, my shoulders are sore, I was just at the DR on Friday for something completely different and really don't want to go again as I"m a high user already - I think I've been about 40 times this year!!!!

Suck it up and deal with it or go back to DR?

Trying to really find my logic here but seems I lost that years ago.
    Just don't like feeling so tired and congested and sore....

Re: My new worry- heart attack from neck massage?

How on earth do you find these stories? You must be googling some really strange things to be honest.

I have had a heart attack and never had a massage that caused it.

You have HA and nothing more to be honest so what are you doing to overcome that?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You know, I've actually been really good I haven't posted for a while, I've been dealing with my issues, but this has got me - mainly because of the pain, so what am I doing? Um .... not enough obviously!
    You've had a heart attack? You're one tough cookie ... but yes I am slowly getting better but I do have my weakness' and my triggers and pain is one.

---------- Post added at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

Thanks for response.

Well get back on track again like you did before.

Yeah had one when I was 42 so nearly 10 years ago now.

All of your problems have innocent reasons such as bad posture.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's my age - I"m 42
    I've had anxiety since I was 5 you know, I didn't think I was going to make it to 10 years.
    I think my anxiety comes from nuture and nature so I've got a double whammy of very strong DNA anxiety - it's hard sometimes but you're right, get back on top of it - we are human - we will have illness crop up it's inevitable but how we deal with it isn't ... so thank you... x

A neck massage to heart attack is one hell of a leap. This is further proof that you can find ANYTHING on Google if you look for it.

Indeed that's a wild one even from Dr. Google! Stay away from Dr. Google, not from massages!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    That's my age - I"m 42
    I've had anxiety since I was 5 you know, I didn't think I was going to make it to 10 years.
    I think my anxiety comes from nuture and nature so I've got a double whammy of very strong DNA anxiety - it's hard sometimes but you're right, get back on top of it - we are human - we will have illness crop up it's inevitable but how we deal with it isn't ... so thank you... x
    Whilst I agree that anxiety is most likely in our DNA, it's easy to adopt a fatalistic and defeatist attitude. I might not have HA but I still have an anxiety disorder that makes life very difficult at times.

So we may never win the war on anxiety but we can still win individual battles which enable us to achieve what we want, despite our handicap.

Otherwise, we might as well surrender now - and that I will never do

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information