Thread: So completely terrified!!!

So completely terrified!!!

I've lost a lot of weight (deliberately) and I noticed that one of my cheeks has developed a hollow bit. I checked the inside of my mouth and felt a little lump and when I looked at it in a mirror there's a red spot thing sort of like a blood blister. I don't remember biting my cheek and I'm terrified I've got mouth cancer. I smoke and have done for years and I'm 50. I think I'm going to pass out with fear.
    Has anybody had anything like that in their mouth? Please help.

Re: So completely terrified!!!

Do you know if you grind your teeth in your sleep at all? I get things like this and apparently I grind my teeth when asleep, I'm pretty sure that's what causes mine.
    xx

Hiya, I had a lump at the back of my throat for months and I was alos terrified about it and I even had a referal for ear , nose and throat and had it checked and it turned out normal. I also had an ulcer on my lip that lasted for a couple on months and wouldn't go and my dentist said I could be subconciously be biteing it in my sleep and thats why it wouldn't heal. I had oral steriods and it eventually went away. It could be that you have, like me bit it in your sleep and contnue to do so as you know its there. I would make an appointment with your dentist for some reasurance. Am sure its nothing to worry about, I know its easier said than done, but they would only look into it anyway if iits been there for weeks. Maybe get some mouthwash like oraldine, which it fantastic and see how u go with that first xxx

I get blood blisters in my mouth a lot. Does it line up with where your jaw comes together when you close your teeth? if so, its likely just pinched the side of your mouth in your sleep or something. I tend to grind and tense my jaw at night, so its quite common for me x

Thank you for your replies it's much appreciated. It does kind of line up where my teeth come together but I don't remember biting it. I'm not sure if I grind my teeth in my sleep. It wouldn't surprise me as I grind them when I'm awake. I'll phone the dentist tomorrow as I'm past the stage of worrying myself sick for ages needlessly. I haven't got the energy for that. I'm back in that headspace of feeling like I have a sword hanging over my head. I'm so sick of this!! I lurch from one terrifying health worry to another. The brief respites in between are like heaven.

Yu can do it in your sleep. This might explain why it's not actually bleeding when you consciously examine it?

Hi Miss Polly
    sorry to read you are feeling so ill with worry .......it just is horrible .
    But have this happen to me frequently . AS others have said wisely it will be result of clenching in your sleep .........a bit of cheek tissue caught between teeth and a small wound results . Mouth wash a good idea ....and the old fashioned salt and water one is fine also until you can buy one .
    Dont distress yourself with the C word please
    I am not a jaw clencher thank goodness .....but still wake and find I have bitten side of my cheek .......so try to make sure I sleep on other side for a while .
    You will be fine honest
    hugs snow xxx

Thank you

Thread Information