Thread: depression now *sigh*

depression now *sigh*

So my anxiety seems to be turning into depression.

Very much have a "whats the point" mood. so bored of feeling like I do anxiety wise... every time I push myself to get better then my head feels so much worse and I fail.

Currently taking Citalopram 40mg and also propranolol 40mg as and when.... been taking the propranolol for 2 days now which also corresponds to when my low mood started... no idea if the 2 are related.

I am feeling very much robotic.. just doing things to survive the days rather than to live a life and the best time of day is bed time, time passes so slowly too.... I hope this stage passes quickly

not sure why I am posting really, just needed to rant.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: depression now *sigh*

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, it sucks to feel this way especially this time of year. I wonder if it could be part of adjusting to the new medication and hopefully will pass. Are you able to get out and do something that makes you feel a little more like yourself? Sometimes that helps me, even if it's literally the last thing I want to do.

Hope you feel better!

Hi

I used propranolol for years it actually has depression as a side effect :-( your body will get used to it. If your anxiety isn’t too bad then why don’t you reduce dosage they come in 10mg I was once on 160mg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Venusbluejeans

Totally know where you are coming from, I have anxiety and depression. I have been on clomipramine for years but anxiety has just got higher lately and beta blockers have been prescribed at 40mg. I hate taking meds but at the moment will do anything not go back to where I was years ago. I would just keep checking in with your GP and keep a note of when you take the BB's and when your mood drops. x

HI VBJ I know how you feel it does get better time wise who knows but have exactly the same feelings boredom cant be bothered etc, hope you are feeling better soon ATB

I did take 10mg, but the dr upped it on thursday because it wasn't doing anything for me at 10mg

thank you all I will read through the rest properly when my eyes can see more through tears.. xxx

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hang in there, Venus You will get through this. Depression tricks our minds into thinking this feeling will last forever and never go away. But that's not true. It's just a bump in the road.

Good luck. I've also been put on 40mg of Propanalol daily. I can't say it makes any difference. Still suffering bad anxiety/depression/tiredness. Even though it's hard to find any energy to do, I'd definitely say go for a walk to give you a little purpose and increase any endorphins. Best wishes. Nige

Thread Information