Thread: Propecia has a therapeutic effect on my anxiety?

Propecia has a therapeutic effect on my anxiety?

Hello, I was prescribed this medication by a dermatologist a few days ago, and so far I've been having minor ups and downs and ins and outs. The first day after I took this medication I noticed my muscles had lost their extreme tension and that my tunnel vision had subsided. The 2nd day I had a spike in energy and anxiety. On the third day, I felt slightly irritable and a tad unproductive. I've been writing down my experiences with this medication for the most part. I may be catastrophizing my experience with this medication, and although I generally care little for my sex drive; I'm slightly concerned over the effects that such a medication might have on my cognitive ability. I keep hearing conflicting reports on propecia throughout the internet and I'm confused as to whether or not I'm experiencing a placebo/psychosomatic effect. I'm wondering if such side effects will subside. I don't believe that people on here are generally knowledgeable about propecia, but this seems like one of the few forums on the web where people are generally educated about medications. My dermatologist told me that there should be no significant side effects from the medication, and that any side effects should subside, either after some time on the medication or after discontinuing it's use.

I would appreciate the help; thanks!
    Last edited by Lakme; 25-05-18 at 22:03.

Thread Information