Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight I re start Escitalopram

Tonight I re start Escitalopram

Starting on 2.5mg (cutting a 5mg in half) only to try and minimise side effects. I am very scared about re starting but I really don’t have a lot of choice. I will take it just before I go to bed. I just hope I sleep right through.

Re: Tonight I re start Escitalopram

If you're so apprehensive about restarting, why didn't you consult your doctor about choosing a different anti-depressant? Escitalopram is not the only one out there.

I was on Escitalopram 13 years before I stopped in Feb (slowing weaned off) but my anxiety has got bad again recently. I’d be scared to re start no matter what anti depressant I took! I don’t even take a paracetamol for a head ache!

And I still couldn’t bring myself to take it. I am so so disappointed in myself. Sat with it here on my bed side for ages thinking I’ll take it when I’m about to drop off then I had really trembly legs. As soon as I told myself I wasn’t going to take it that feeling stopped. I can’t go on like this I know taking it is for the best I just can’t seem to over come my fear of taking that first tablet.

So Saturday night came and I did take some of the tablet and I mean only a small amount prob 1mg (ish) same again last night. I know it’s a stupidly small amount but I’m seeing it better than nothing right? My husband has the week off so I should try to up it whilst he’s home really

It sounds like you're resisting the medication. Why not try a different one? What about restarting therapy scares you so much? Do you feel like you're admitting defeat? If so, that is most certainly NOT the case.

The only thing that scares me is the possible side effects, nothing else. This medication worked for me for 13 years!

Mumzy, how are you doing now? Are you still taking the small amount?

I wonder if it would help to cut the 2.5 mg in half, and take that for a few days, or even a week?

If it worked for you for 13 years and you're familiar with the side-effects then there's nothing to be afraid of. Besides, there's no guarantee that you'll experience the same side effects this time round as the medication isn't completely unfamiliar to your body.
    Hope you're well.

How are you doing, Mumzy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information