Thread: felt water go down wrong tube but did not cough

felt water go down wrong tube but did not cough

like the title says, i was drinking a glass of water, and felt that tickly feeling in the back of my throat (typical of water going down 'the wrong pipe'). however, my body didn't trigger an involuntary coughing mechanism, as it should have. i felt the feeling, kept drinking the water, and then thought "oh shit did i just choke? i should probably cough".

so i made myself cough for a couple seconds, but nothing really happened. however, i did feel a burning sensation in my throat and chest around the time of this incident, but i think it might've been when i made myself cough, rather than right after i choked on the water. honestly, i don't know. it's hazy. i just feel really anxious, and i'm incredibly frustrated that i may now be susceptible to aspiration pneumonia, because my idiotic body felt myself choking, but didn't make me cough.

has this happened to anyone before (choking sensation when drinking, but didn't cough)? are you okay now? some feedback would be greatly appreciated, as i am having a panic attack over this.

Re: felt water go down wrong tube but did not cough

If you didn't cough ,water didn't go down your trachea. You don't have to think "did I choke", you involuntarily start coughing.

Re: felt water go down wrong tube but did not cough

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information