Thread: What are the odds??

What are the odds??

So, a couple of weeks ago I had a bit of an accident and got a very hard knock to one of my breasts. I ended up with a huge, palm size bruise, one of the worst I’ve ever had. The bruise lasted 2 weeks. The other night I discovered a lump under the faded bruise and automatically panicked...
    I went to my GP who said that we’ll just wait and see and check it in 2 weeks. And that, logically speaking, the lump is right under the bruise and that’s probably what it is.
    I’ve been congratulating myself on how calm i’ve (Mostly) been about it, given it’s a lump.....but I guess since i’m home alone tonight i’m second guessing myself just a little...

Would you be happy with what the doctor said? Do you think it’s likely it’s not the bruise that’s caused it?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: What are the odds??

I would say your doc is being sensible yet cautious, given that you bruised a sensitive area. I'm not a female but think it's very likely the bruise/injury has caused this lump and that it will probably disappear in a few days' time.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Has the lump resolved? How are you doing now?

Thanks so much for the reply! It really is playing on my mind a bit...
    The lump is still there, maybe it feels a minuscule amount less noticeable, but maybe it’s exactly the same - I can’t work out if i’m kidding myself or not! I saw the doctor 4 days ago and she said to come back in 2 weeks - so I keep asking myself what a reasonable amount of time is before it might start to disappear....I haven’t worked that one out yet, but it’s certainly keeping my anxiety alive and kicking.

I keep telling myself to trust what the doctor said. Before I saw her, I was also examined by a midwife (i’m 17 weeks pregnant) who agreed and said it was most likely the bruise/injury.... but as i’m Sure everyone on here knows it’s not easy... On the female health issue part of this website, there’s an article that says 90% of lumps aten’t cancerous - I sincerely hope i’m One of the 90%!!! It has been itchy off and on and is uncomfortable when hot water gets on it in the shower, i’m hoping that’s a good sign too. I read an article that said ‘bad’ lumps are often painless - so maybe the itchiness is a good thing??

I wouldn’t wish HA on my worst enemy.

I had this happen! In 2016, I had a bruise on the right side of my breast (side my arm is on). One day I went to scratch and there was a lump. It was very noticeable, firm but it did move. I saw my Dr who sent me to a surgeon. I was a panic mess! He examined me and said it was scarring from the bruise, like a hematoma or blood collection. He wasn't worried at all but sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound. The ultrasound showed fluid and the radiologist said it was from the bruise and will resolve iver time but can take a while. I left and was still panicking over it so a month later, I went back to the surgeon. He said the same thing, told me to not touch it and put warm compresses on it. I did, a month later it's still there but dud feel smaller but I go back. He agreed to let me have a mammogram/ultrasound again. The radiologist said the same thing as before except this time the fluid was gone and the lump appeared solid on ultrasound, he said it was probably a scar tissue but let's biopsy to help my anxiety. So I had a core biopsy, guess what the result was....scar tissue. The lump ended up disappearing after the biopsy but now I'm left with a dent and scar tissue that feels lumpy because during the biopsy they busted a vessel and I developed a huge hematoma. Ugh! I should've listened to my Dr and I could've avoided all that.

It’s very common for an injury to cause a lump. My mom had this once. I never think it hurts to have it looked at, via ultrasound. My doctor said that anytime she feels a lump she sends a patient for imaging. I’m 30 and I have lumpy boobs and I’ve already had an ultrasound. It took 10 min and everything was fine, and the lump is gone now. If you’re worried about it had someone look at it. It doesn’t hurt to do that. But a lump after a bruise is normal, on any part of the body.

Thread Information