Thread: Why did I bother reading medicine side effects?

Why did I bother reading medicine side effects?

I've been prescribed anitibiotic eye drops - chloramphenicol to be precise - for a corneal abrasion recently (a bit of a challenge to take anyway, as I have dyspraxia and keep missing and getting the eye drops down my face) and I made the daft mistake of reading the side effects. I know I've been tired even before taking the eye drops due to sleeping issues and the wrong time of the month, but now I'm worried about the possibility of this medication causing a particularly serious type of anaemia in rare cases, which it apparently can. The fact that I keep missing with the bottle but can't try again due to the fear of getting too much (I usually get a tiny bit in my eye even when I miss) makes me worry that it's just irregular enough that I could be making myself resistant to the medicine and putting myself at risk of some nasty infections. So yep, basically I need someone to tell me with absolute certainty that I'm okay after all!

Re: Why did I bother reading medicine side effects?

This was prescribed by a doctor. Are you willing to take the word of strangers on an anxiety site over your doctor? Ok then My advice? Use the medicine. You'll be totally fine. If you don't believe me, call your doctor

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Why did I bother reading medicine side effects?

Listen to Fish!

Thread Information