Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Hi all, I'm new to the forums but have been reading these for about 6 months now, and this post in particular has really (really) helped me a lot of times. But, I like most, only find temporary relief and then come back to this again to check if my latest symptoms are on here!

I've been doctors (loads) and in the early stages had a brain MRI. Of course though I ask the questions of "did I have the scan too early", and "maybe the brain scan missed the MS because all my legions are in my spine"... went to a neurologist a few months ago and they were happy that nothing seriously wrong...

Probably worth noting that all mys symptoms started when I found out I was going to be a dad too...

So yeah, I manage to accept its anxiety and plod along, but then other stuff happens...

Thing I'm really struggling with at the moment, which isn't listed here, is problem with my vision. I've noticed for the past few months that I have visual snow (mostly only noticeable when looking at the sky) and also I really struggle to look at white surfaces - it just kind of blurs and looks weird. I have been to the opticians and they said all is fine - no problems.

Also my uncomfortable legs is worse than ever, I just tingle and feel uncomfortable in my thighs pretty much ALL the time now. There's no escape. Though it is much worse when I have been sitting down all day (I work in an office...)

So, the main Q's are, does anyone else have constant visual problems and constant leg problems and still be ok with it being anxiety???

Thank you so much for any replies, and as a bonus I will recommend that everyone reads the book "the art of happiness" by the Dalai Lama. It's sop positive and has an amazing outlook on life. i.e. being happy despite physical illnesses etc...

Final update on my front.

Symptoms started and manifested in this order.
    1. Tingling in left arm/hand (May 2017)
    2. Tingling in left foot (Early June 2017)
    3. Burning and prickling in both (June 2017)
    4. Random spells of Light Headedness (Early July 2017)
    5. Ulnar Nerve - pinky and ring finger - tingling/burning (left and right hands) (August 2017)
    6. Muscle aches in left leg - calf, ankle, thigh (August 2017)
    7. Increased floaters in eyes
    8. Right Eye Aches
    9. Strange pressure sensations in left temple

I had ALL of this, off and on, for months on end with no relief. I tried every vitamin in the book (including b12, D, Magnesium, etc) with no relief.

Absolutely 100% CONVINCED I had MS. Nothing else made sense, I obsessed over these feelings daily as I just could not ignore the sensations and physical symptoms I was experiencing.

Finally get in for an MRI (with/without contrast) in mid September. Also had an EMG done. Both came back 100% normal with two seperate neurologists assuring me I was a-ok.

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone out there, who may be having similar sensations, can understand and find some reassurance that these things and symptoms don't automatically point to MS. That being said, go to your doctor and be sure. This is literally the weirdest anxiety loop i've ever experienced.

Symptoms > Automatically assume MS > Heightened anxiety > More symptoms > google/post here for reassurance > Some relief > Constant worry about symptoms showing back up > they show back up > repeat.

Literally that's the loop. You gotta break that chain. Best way to do it is not to assume you automatically know and go to a Dr.

Good luck guys!

I'm going through exactly this at the moment. Whole list of symptoms, including the frequent urination referred to by mobile chicane. Have seen a neuro twice, who's done a thorough exam and said that he can't find anything to suggest a neuro disease. At the second visit he offered an MRI "for reassurance" if I wanted it, but he's not concerned.

And yet I'm still worried . .which of course kicks off the symptoms in and of itself. Both ironic and annoying!

Ive been having symptoms for over 10 years. Started at 19 with tingly feet and then legs aching like crazy. Then it sorta disappeared but on and off comes back for no reason. But recently my left eye has a floater that is so inescapably annoying and suddenly I've got a twitch on my lip that seems to have decreased my feeling in that area of my face. Been like that for 5 days so far. Ive assumed anxiety because any numbness ive had had always disappeared after a few days and would come back randomly but never constant so that pointed more to anxiety than MS. I have never been to a DR about my symptoms because ive been too scared. If this reduced feeling in my face continues i will go to a DR but for now whats anyones opinion on what ive described?
    A side note my symptoms increased during moving house and having a family member diagnosed with terminal cancer which has really stressed me. Also my mother has MS, very minor, unsure exactly what type but has no mobility issues, you can imagine my mum having it definitely made me think that I have it. I appreciate your responce guys, thanks

Keep reading this as im going through hell at the minute none stop body jerks,vibrations,shakes literally at the end of my tether with it all,praying its stress and anxiety

https://youtu.be/dUsVivNgmpc

This is me to an absolute t,this is a must watch,i have exactly the same as this lad except i havnt had the tests yet

I just gotta make this reply:

I just finished watching a video that I have been too scared to watch for years. It's this guy with ALS diagnosis on youtube. It is so tough to watch. I promised myself a year ago I would watch it if I was ok and make a reply here and at the bfs forum. This forum have helped me a lot. Now I see I am ok an. It's just anxiety. let me list my symptoms:

Crazy vision problems and disorientation
    Breathing, swallowing and numbness in shoulders
    Numbness in hands and twitching in legs
    Finger and face paralyzation. (could not chew or move half of my face for 15 min)
    Lower back tingling (spine area)

I probably forgot some. But you can imagine or already know about the crazy panic attacks you get when these symptoms arrive. This of course makes it worse. So yeah. You can have eeeevery symptom in the book. Now I have calmed down and nothing... It is cleeearly anxiety. I would neeever think I had anxiety. But I have it so bad so I get these crazy symptoms. If you find that you are ok too. use it to see how lucky you are that you are ok. thanks guys for your stories. they helped a lot.

Jeez this is a good (albeit scary) post!

So, for years and years, I've had that low level "hum" feeling through my body. Aches and pains for the last 4 years or so. I've had a ton of tests for things.

The last month, I've had trembling in my hands and noticed my legs feel a bit floppy now and then, as well as feeling like I have weak arms. I'm obviously concerned about MS/Parkinsons/ALS. Perhaps it is one of those. I am seeing a doctor next week, BUT, I have also had very little sleep, stress at work, and I have a 21 month old who not only stresses me out, but runs me ragged. In the last 8 months, despite having 2 weeks at christmas and a week off at easter, I've not been able to relax. My exercise has fizzled out since early december too. I feel exhausted. Both physically and from the anxiety.

I hope you are right. I hope I'm not unlucky. We'll see. Thanks for the post though.

I know this thread is old... but Like everyone on this thread I'm also convinced I have a serious MND like MS going on since I've had unrelenting persistent paresthesia for some time all over the body.. both hands, both feet.. there's very little let up (only in severity but never completely gone) I've had two rounds of MRI of full brain, spine-- nothing found and neurologist told me its not MS but anxiety. But since then I've tried CBT, and no relief. My mind won't believe its anxiety since its not intermittent. The only thing that makes me believe it may be anxiety related is that it started with a minor tingle in my right foot.. then I made the mistake of googling... and literally the same night my entire body started experiencing tingling. (Don't know though if that was just anxiety setting off a real neurological disease).

No matter how hard I try to relax the sx don't go away. I'm at my wits end. Wondering if anyone has had success with having the symptoms disappear using anti-anxiety meds because now I'm reluctantly willing to try meds. Anyone here recover from their MS like symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe23 View Post

No matter how hard I try to relax the sx don't go away. I'm at my wits end. Wondering if anyone has had success with having the symptoms disappear using anti-anxiety meds because now I'm reluctantly willing to try meds. Anyone here recover from their MS like symptoms?
    I'm right there with ya buddy. I still get tingling and parasthesias in my hands and feet. Unlike yours, mine are coming and going and I've actually had a pretty good week.

My neuro prescribed me Nortriptyline. Look into it, It's helped me a bit I believe. I'm on a very low dose of 10mg because antidepressants kinda scare me but anyway, since I've started taking it I've noticed my symptoms seem less severe (especially the tingling).

It's prescribed for nerve pain + anxiety so it's kind of a double wammy. Good luck!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread Information