Thread: Freaking out with pain in my jaw, cheek and arm

Freaking out with pain in my jaw, cheek and arm

Hi all,

I suffer from health anxiety specifically heart worries but I'm freaking out right now as I have pain in my jaw cheekbone, going into my shoulder and back. It's a tight, sharp pain and I worried it's my heart. I do have a cold at the moment but this feels unrelated.

I am 44 female overweight with high cholesterol but bloods, ecg and echo normal, but mother has heart disease. I'm really getting myself wound up.

Thanks for listening

Re: Freaking out with pain in my jaw, cheek and arm

Hi there,

I have the same thing too and am thinking it has to do with tension and clenching my jaw as night. I hold a lot if tension in my shoulders. try to relax your body and breath deeply to see if the physical symptoms ease. I plan on going to the doctor to check bloods for any deficiency as my mind is working overtime as well.

Good luck

Jen

I really think both of you need to see a cardiologist immediately. I have had two heart attacks which began exactly like that and I always watch out for it. The only thing is that in my case I was absolutely paralysed with it for about half an hour, then it gradually went off. I reported it and was hurried down 25 miles along a rough road on a stretcher in an ambulance to hospital. I had had a scan in a local hospital which is what you need I think. and they had seen some damage. I was kept on a cardiograph and blood pressure and pulse checked. I also had that thing where they [ass a camera up though an artury in your upper thigh ( which sounds painful and its really nothing atall just the idea that so shocking) and they found nothing the arteries were clear, my heartbeat was constant. They released me after 5 days. They keep you in that long because a second attack is very likely in the next few days and can be worse. It didn't though and I was find and just wanted to go home. The told me i would have to take beta blockers aspirin and another thing cant recall for the rest of my life, which I have not
    this was two years ago but now I have just had a scan of the heart and the aorta by private cardiologist who found I have a leaking Aorta which puts a strain on the heart as you don't get enough oxygen. Now I am telling you that if you have pain in you left side your left arm but sometimes right, neck and jaw get help straight away.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Sat View Post
    Hi there,

I have the same thing too and am thinking it has to do with tension and clenching my jaw as night. I hold a lot if tension in my shoulders. try to relax your body and breath deeply to see if the physical symptoms ease. I plan on going to the doctor to check bloods for any deficiency as my mind is working overtime as well.

Good luck

Jen
    NO, trust me you absolutely need to get that checked out, better safe than sorry

Sorr to hear about your experience. I've had an echocardiogram and bloods and 7 day ecg, all clear but still I get the jaw and arm pain on and off.

Thread Information