Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: some more steps taken

some more steps taken

Well just thought i would give you a little more of my news.

Since I started counselling and coming on this site I am able to walk about 7-10 mins from home and work. These are my safety places. The other day I went for my daily walk from work at lunch time and I did not take my phone and I did it. i walked home from drs yesterday been for a meal took my son into town for an hour, been for two back head and shoulder massages been for a coffee in town on my own in my lunch hour and been to the dentist yesterday and was there for at least 45 mins due to waiting and having treatment. I went to town today and my other half left me for 5 mins on my own and I did not panic.

Yesterday my counsellor took me to a garden centre for a coffee and then she told me she was going to leave me on my own in cafe while she went for a look round. She asked me if i would rather go for a walk round but I knew i could cope with that and what i dont like is people leaving me on my own out of my safety zones. anyway she went and for the first 5 mins i was ok as i kept telling myself she would be coming back and then i thought what if she had left me and i could feel my throat going funny and starting to feel panicky. anyway i talked myself out of it and i was ok. She came back after 10 mins and was proud of me, and i was proud of myself.

She said i am coping really well with the things she is giving me so next time she is going to think of something harder for us to try as we both think i need to have a panic and learn how to deal with it and i think this is true also. I think she is on about going on a train or bus or arranging to meet me at a place and be late but she will give me phone contact with her and not be too far away if i feel anxious. She also said I have to move away from my safety zones and i should feel safe wherever I am as you should feel safe in yourself.

She also told me to just do the things she has asked me to do and loads extra as i may have a major set back and lose my confidence of what i can do now So i have to do as i'm told.

I asked her if i had agoraphobia and she said she thought not, she thinks i have chronic anxiety. The being left bit is apparently due to earlier childhood.

anyway im going on but thanks for reading

Winners never Quit and Quitters never Win

Love

Bobsy

My mate,

You are doing sssooooo well. Since I have know you, you have come such a long way, I am so proud of you, you never give up, just keep on going and it proves it works because you are getting there.

You have become a really good friend to me the past few months, and I am so pleased you are doing so well.

Keep up the good work, we are going to beat this mate.

Lots of love

Tracey xxxxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Bobsy

Am so pleased for you, you are really killing your dragons, see you in next years marathon in london

Keith

what a great and positive read!!!!im really happy that ur doin so well.sounds to me that u r going to beat this take care and keep smilin luv mooxXx

Well done Bobsy. You are doing great.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hi Bobsy,

You really are doing great...well done you!

Coni x

That's great , You're doing really well.

Take Care,

Heather

Great your doing so well Bobsy !

Well Done.

Love Andrea
    xxx

Hi Bobsy

Really great to hear your news big well done to you hun.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

I'm really pleased for you!!

Well done!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information