Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "COWARD"

"COWARD"

Hello lovely people,

Could someone please stop me from cancelling my hospital appointments. I'm supposed to go for a Intravenous Urogram and Ultrasound Renal Tracts but I'm too scared of what they will find so keep cancelling They have been very good at the hospital and keep sending me out more appointments but when the letters come in I'm straight on the phone to cancel. I had another letter this morning and as yet I haven't rang and cancelled ( I've had the letter in my hand and the phone in the other for the past hour ) My doctor blames my IBS for my symptoms but of course I doubted her so she agreed to send me for these tests which was so good of her and now I'm being a numpty and cancelling out of my own stupidity and silly thoughts.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Re: "COWARD"

Mandy you/re not a coward. Don't cancel though - if you're worried about yourself you need to get this checked out.

oh you're not a coward... i find with these things the anticipation is 1000 times worse that the actual event itself. just try and not cancel just for today, dont think about the appointment, just take one day at a time, the chances are that the initial anxiety you're feeling will reduce a little, is there someone you can take with you for moral support?

hi mandy i know that you are worried but i honestly think you will be fine and once you get the all clear think of the huge weight that will be lifted!!!!
    take care
    rach x

Thank you ladies for your replies xx I still havent cancelled as I'm determined this time to attend and as you say Rach the relief I will feel if I get the all clear is just what I need right now. Honeybee yes I have people I can take for moral support but if I tell them I've got an appointment they will badger me not to cancel so I'm saying nowt lol. The letter has been put on the noticeboard and the phone is out of my hand now as I am going to the appointment thanks you guys xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

I always find the anticipation the worst then when it's all over I wonder what I was worried about
    BTW Whats a "numpty"
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi Mandy

Oh dear......... been there.......... done that!!! Three times at the end of last year, and once this year. I cancelled FOUR procedures!!!! I finally went last month for a whole afternoon of tests/scans. Piece of cake!!! Enjoyed the fuss they made of me - the worse part of the afternoon was getting parked in the hospital car park!!!!!

I took my Rescue Remedy, had several cups of decaf tea before I left home (I needed a full bladder for one of the scans), and tried thinking calming thoughts. They were, as usual, running late - my bladder just about held out, and, legs sort-of crossed, I hobbled immediately to the nearest loo after the scan and just about made it in time!!!!

Don't cancel this time - I'm sure all will be well!!!

Sandie

Mandy

Go to your bloomin hospital appointment woman!!!
    Does that help?

Good luck with it and if there is anything else i can do for you please let me know!!!!!!!!!

Julie xx
    p.s. im good at this advice stuff!

Mand - you can do this sausage, I know that!!

Anticipatory anxiety is really a poo - we always cope so much better getting on and doing, than we do anticipating!!

I was a bit the same when I had to have a gastroscopy and yet on the day I did it even without the sedative (on balance I do prefer having my hair done though).

You see I like to get on and know what we are dealing with, then it can get sorted ready for my next big worry.

Lets get this one done and dusted mate, otherwise we won't be able to move onto our next worry - like Pringles being discontinued !!!

Piglet realises this was a step too far and has left the room to go and hug her tubes!!

Piglet

Get your ass down to that appointment you Rangers supporting muppet and I will give you that tenner I owe you

Hows that for an incentive

Tc

Jaco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information