Thread: Now psychoanalysing the Doctor's words!

Now psychoanalysing the Doctor's words!

Just got back from Docs who gave me a thorough routine breast examination (as I hate checking myself) including my armpits (see previous posts!) and she said, "She couldn't feel anything." Off I went feeling doubly reassured (having had a different GP check them only a week ago, minus the armpits) and now I'm starting to think why couldn't she just say "it all feels fine"! Do I presume that's what she means? Does anyone else psychoanalyse the doctors words?? I only went back today because the Doctor last week didn't check my armpits and I was panicking about that. I did explain this to her today. I think I am going completely mad. Most 'normal' people would have accepted the first check as being OK wouldn't they and not feel the need to go back.

Re: Now psychoanalysing the Doctor's words!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
    she said, "She couldn't feel anything." Off I went feeling doubly reassured (having had a different GP check them only a week ago, minus the armpits) and now I'm starting to think why couldn't she just say "it all feels fine"! Do I presume that's what she means?.
    Ok Jane... c'mon... seriously?

Can't feel anything = nothing there to feel = nothing there to be worried about = it all feels fine.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Now psychoanalysing the Doctor's words!

Thanks Fishmanpa - you always put it into context!

Thread Information