Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Numbness...anybody else? Freaking out about MS

Re: Numbness...anybody else? Freaking out about MS

Quote Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
    Ben, it wasn't long ago you were on the ALS forum, trying to convice the people dying over there that you had ALS. Now you're here convinced you have MS. I please hope you see this destructive pattern.
    Are you sure it’s Ben?

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

If it is you that Josh is referring to Ben then you have to know that it is disrespectful to post on those forums. Please get help for your anxiety Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Are you sure it’s Ben?

If it is you that Josh is referring to Ben then you have to know that it is disrespectful to post on those forums. Please get help for your anxiety Ben.
    Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Are you sure it’s Ben?
    Yes, unfortunately, I was over there scared I had ALS, the same scare I posted on here. In fairness, there is a whole category dedicated to DIHALS (Do I have ALS?) where there are constant posts from worried individuals asking and posting their symptoms. I donated to the cause and parted ways with the site.

I do strongly think I need to see a neurologist as the muscle in the front of my lower leg (soleus?) always stiffens up when walking and I still get perceived weakness to the point where I have to concentrate hard to stay upright sometimes.

Last night I also started getting cold feelings all down my right side. Sick of having physical symptoms but I'm strongly panicking that I have MS, the kind that comes and goes. How often is the coming and going of this kind? My doctor has actually referred me for an EMG of my leg but strongly doubt this will show up anything MS related, would it?

I know I had an MRI but that was just of my brain and not my spine and also before I developed any physical symptoms. I think I would find more comfort in just sitting down with a neurologist.

At least you’re honest Ben.

I know very little about EMGs Ben but I know a lot about health anxiety. You say you still have perceived weakness and have to concentrate in order to stay upright and not fall over. If you had weakness capable of making you fall over do you honestly believe that concentration would stop you toppling over Ben?

Those of us who have experienced the fear of having a neurological disease always manage to account for those periods of time when our symptoms are absent. We don’t say “well I didn’t have symptoms for 2 days therefore I must not have MS or ALS or whatever”. Instead we say “maybe I have the type that comes and goes”. lol

Go and see the neurologist Ben, you’ll feel better after you talk to him. For a little while anyway. Then make that appointment to see a mental health professional that I advised you to make so many months ago.

I'm hope my GP will let me see a neurologist.

The thing that keeps me worried is that it is all down one side of my body. My left side is, and always has been, completely unaffected

I'm dealing with the same type of symptoms. Persistent numb patches, EVERYWHERE and weak right arm and leg plus dizziness. I'm praying it's a vitamin deficiency of some sort, although I'm seeing a neurologist soon. It's only taken 6 months!!

Quote Originally Posted by ariana95 View Post
    I'm dealing with the same type of symptoms. Persistent numb patches, EVERYWHERE and weak right arm and leg plus dizziness. I'm praying it's a vitamin deficiency of some sort, although I'm seeing a neurologist soon. It's only taken 6 months!!
    Best of luck and keep me updated please

This dude Ben thinks neurological disease's just sit dormant in the body for years apparently lol

So you recognise Ben from the ALS forum Josh. I guess you accidentally clicked on it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information