Thread: GERD

GERD

I've had some strange symptoms lately. Its like heartburn but comes from deeper within. Its like i want to burp but then the air rolls around and no burp or heartburn happens. Almost like my eosophagus is burnt or ive strained something within my neck/chest.

Swallowing is ok but a little trying at times. I'm prolly abit anxious too having just moved sites from Hampshire to wales and moved in with my missus in wales leaving everything behind.

Im a vaper having given up smoking and im of course being an anxious person thinking throat cancer etc etc lol

Anyone know what GERD is like as symptoms sound similar

Re: GERD

Well I can tell you what GERD\acid reflux feels like most of the time since I have it. And most of the time this happens not too long after you eat, especially with foods\drinks that irritate it and cause more acid reflux.

The biggest symptoms are indigestion, bloating, heartburn and sometimes nausea. Lots of belching and gas, which might give you relief sometimes. With the indigestion or bloating, you might experience limited breathing too - like the lower part of your lungs are not filling to their usual capacity of air. You might also have stomach acid that comes up to the back of your throat\mouth, which can give you a deep burning sensation in the throat sometimes. A occasional dry cough happens as well. Sinuses can be affected by this and can cause post nasal drip and clogged ears.

And nicotine from anything can make it worse because it affects the blood vessels in the stomach sphincter. Anyway, that's been my experience as long as I've had it.

I had to go to the doctor and get a stronger prescription PPI for mine GERD, because the ones on the store shelves just didn't work good enough for me.

ETA: Oh yeah - and sometimes you might feel like something is stuck or partially blocking your throat sometimes as well.

Thread Information