Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: I may have MS (or something neurological)

Re: I may have MS (or something neurological)

Thanks for the kind words guys. Always appreciated.

It's just not sinking in at the moment. I feel doomed. I'm convinced this is going to be it.

Has your doctor referred you to a neurologist yet?

Yeah, I was referred a couple of weeks ago.

It's not the neurological stuff that's got me feeling so doomed, though.

No it’s the problems with your stomach which could have come about as a consequence of your extreme anxiety about MS.

You may feel 'doomed' at the moment SE but remember Feelings aren't always Facts and this is one of those times, keep looking for the light at the end of the dark tunnel and find it, which Iam sure you will, you are much stronger than you think. ATB

I'm in a bad place, guys. Just had enormous panic attack.

Been awake all night with agonising pain in my rectal area. There's no relief from it at all. I feel as if it's radiating into my genitals and my upper legs.

I'm absolutely terrified of what this could be. I've been straining on the toilet so I'm trying to tell myself it's an injury, but it's the fact I can't relax or get any relief...

SE that's terrible mate, ok right have you been to your drs (if not make a appointment or go to a walk in center or if you really think it's that's bad (which it probably isn't) go to A&E You are really spiralling out of control come on fellow you are much stronger than this ATB

Look up levator ani syndrome. It's an extension of proctalgia fugax (associated with IBS). It's when the levator ani muscle goes into spasm. It's very painful and distressing but benign.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

When your gut slows down and you are regularly trying to "go" it can send the levator ani into spasm. You may find baclofen helps or else diazepam as a muscle relaxant. Most GPs won't have a clue about this. I was diagnosed by a gastroenterologist.

^^^^^agree.
    I didn't know the correct names but my immediate thought was muscle spasm. Maybe caused by your straining. It will pass but I've had it myself and I agree, it is very painful, as are all muscle spasms and cramps.
    Hope your panic has settled a bit now.

Yes, listen to pulisa on this one.

It sounds like a spasm to me with it pulsating & spreading. Muscle or nerve spasms can he very unpleasant as I found earlier in the year when I went through a month or so of spasms in my neck. It made my head crunch into my neck, my face grimace and sleeping was a no chance the first nights until it calmed down.

Straining is really advised against, you could cause a tear or have piles to deal with. So, keep your fibre & water going in and hopefully nature will take it's course. Anxiety really messes this up so it can be either the runs or constipation. It's easy to become obsessed with bowel movements, been there done that, but your body can handle some temporary changes.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information