Thread: A change to the previous plan

A change to the previous plan

After some discussion with other ppl on the forum and some extra reading I revisited my GP today and am not starting the prozac and am starting escitalopram instead.

I am doing this for 2 reasons.

1) The prozac is indiacted for depression but not indicated for anxiety which is half my problem and the escitalopram is indicated for anxiety and depression so I need chemical treatment for both so I can put in place lifestyle changes that will sort me out once and for all - so the meds to take away the symptoms while I cure the cause by changing how I live.

2) The escitalopram is a newer version of citalopram and faster acting with less side effects and I have heard of a number of success storys very recently from others who took this on the forum (ty to those who kept me in touch on their progress on it :-) Also I am starting on a dose of 5mg which is not the therauputic dose and will remain on that for a wk so I dont go nutts cos of side effects then push up to a full dose and then hopefully get the reduction of anxiety and the lifting of mood over the coming weeks.

With these done I can hopefully put fully in place a holistic way of living that will see me settled once and for all.

Well heres hoping cos its day 1 tomorrow and will be starting a thread on it.

Best wishes everyone

Andrew

That sounds amazing andrew. Please keep me posted about how it all works out, and maybe ill follow u.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
    "I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

Hi Andrew,

I was on escitalopram since April last year and found it really helpful. I started on 10mg, felt really sick and weird for a couple of days and then felt ok. My doctor increased the dose to 20mg after the first month, which I stayed on till just before christmas. Since then I gradually reduced the dose till now I only take one 5mg every few days which I aim to stop completely soon. I too needed them for both depression and anxiety and they seemed to work well, though if I remember I did feel a bit edgy for the first couple of weeks. Everyones different though and I hope you get on well with them.

Take care and good luck

Coni

Hi Andrew

Great plan and hope it goes really well for you. Let us know how you are getting on?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

You'll be right mate!

And I think you will be very pleased with the results!

Lexapro good!

Cheers
    Chop

Learning to under react

Thread Information