Thread: heartbeat

heartbeat

I have a bit of obsession with checking my pulse and heartbeat just wondered if it is normal to feel your heart beating when you put your hand under your left boob or that area anyway. I notice sometimes when i do it my heartbeat feels strong then like just now i can hardly feel it..what should it be like??
    Im having a terrible time at minute with chest tightness and it makes me think i have something wrong with my heart..ive had the tests but it doesnt take away the damn symptoms!!

Hi ya,
    i've been suffrering with chestpains aswell.(still am from time to time) and i've been to the docktors to have them listnen to my heart and chest but it all seems fine. so why i get them i still dont know. but if you're really worried go back to the docktors for tests. just explain your situation and im sure he'll understand.
    take care,
    love
    twiglet

I used to do this all the time and sometimes still do, it is all part of the P&A circle. sometimes it feels like your heart is gonna jump out your chest.

Dont worry about it as it does subside.

Hope this helps

Liz

can sympathise with you, over past few months I got th bug for doing that, still do now and again. Also experienced chest pains to the point Ive had bloods numerous ecgs nurse and dr listening to my chest. All examinations fine but still worry if they have missed something, all part of the 'curse' I suppose
    try and relax it will pass, and again if you still concerned visit the dr, sure they wouldnt mind x take care

Hi there

I used to be like you too, thumping heart, quiet heart, checking pulse every 10 mins etc.
    Try and relax chuck if you can and believe me it does go away on it's own , try some form of disraction to try and get your mind of it, that always helped me.

Takecare

Elaine x

the thing is been to the docs several times with chest tightness and been to a cardiologist back in may..had stress test, echo and a 48 hour holter...so not sure if if another visit is necessary... as i say i can have more tests but it doesnt take away the symptoms
    thanks for your replies everyone

do you think chest tightness is muscular? as on a morning sometimes when i wake my chest and shoulders ache like i have been exercising!

Ia m sure the chest tightness is a symptom of your anxiety, especially if your shoulders are aching too,
    Have you tried any relaxation CD'S.I used to swear by Complete relaxation by Glenn Harold which I purchased from Amazon, really used to help ease the tension in my body.

Take care

Elaine x

Yeah I used to check my pulse all the time. Not so bad now but still do on occasions. I used to worry when it increased a lot after eating but been told this is quite normal.

Thread Information