Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach C...?

Stomach C...?

Hi,

I'm currently going through a very bad period, worst I have felt in months, and would like to share it with fellow sufferers.
    It seems as if my family have given up on talking to me and it is making me feel very alone in this world at present.
    This worry I have is effecting my life, in finding it hard to concentrate at work and be happier person around the home for the family.

Some people would of read my previous post, which I would like to say thank you for the people who replied.

Two weeks ago, I woke up feeling nausea, which is on/off present throughout the day.
    I also burp atleast a few times an hour, which I was previously not a burping person.
    I also have this awful taste in the throat/mouth, which I guess is either sick or acid?
    I have not actualy been sick yet!

I visited a doctor, who told me to take this acid tablet daily for two weeks, which did nothing.

I then went back to the surgery and spoke with my doctor, who felt my tummy for lumps, which was ok (how he can tell from the outside baffles me).
    He said it could be a bug and to give it another week to settle.

A week went by, then I re-visited my doctor with my wife this time, to which the doctor again felt my tummy for lumps, which was ok.
    He then looked into my throat and noticed rubbish at the back, which he then subscribed antibiotics.
    He did not suggest a blood test, (which confused me) and he said the telescope down the throat into the stomach would not be necessary as
    there are no alarm bells ringing to suggest it's anything serious.

He asked me if my stools had blood in them, if I was loosing weight, if I was eating less and do I have tummy pains.
    I said no to all these but when I got home, I have started to get tummy pains but I guess this is anxiety and my brain focusing on my doctors question?

He told me to give it another two weeks, which is worrying me like mad as I'm thinking that maybe it is not anxiety and that it could be something serious.

If anybody out there has any reassuring news then could give me and to help cheer me up then I would be very happy to hear from you.

Red

Take care everybody.
    Last edited by reddevil; 23-03-07 at 08:20.

Re: Stomach C...?

Hi Red dont worry, i went to the docs last week about my tummy being sore and they noticed a lump beside my belly button its a hernia which i freaked but i got told that it is an easy op they just push it back in and repair it. I think if the doc examined you and felt your tummy they would have known that you are ok and that you arent passing any blood in your stools. I think the pain you are getting just now is anxiety its totally weird the way our bodys feel to enxiety if you focus on a certain part of your body for pain to long then you will feel that pain there i got told this from my cbt nurse and honestly its true it can be all in the mind hope you feel better soon try not to worry as i think you will be fine take care love Julie xx

hi there
    when our bodys are suffering with anxiety our tummys are the most sensitive, so they can really churn etc in protest!!!!
    My friends dad has got stomach cancer and these are not the symptoms.
    I suffer acid most days, i have a tummy that churns like a washer, i burp to try and ease the sensation.
    try sipping boiled water, it works.
    in the meantime, just tell yourself that its your nerves having a hard time at the moment, acceptance is the cure.
    good luck xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by reddevil View Post
    It seems as if my family have given up on talking to me and it is making me feel very alone in this world at present.
    This worry I have is effecting my life, in finding it hard to concentrate at work and be happier person around the home for the family.
    Look buddy, the doc says you are ok so you are ok and you should celebrate, relax, think positive and you'll start to feel better.

You either believe him or you remain miserable indefinitely and when you eventually snap out of the anxiety you'll lament all the wasted time in your life. We've all been there.

I've a bit of a bug for the last while too. I'm feeling nauseous today. These things are going around like never before. I could only guess it's because of all the foreign travel (germs don't get charged on Ryanair ) and the mild winters which don't kill the bugs .

It sounds like you are also suffering from acid reflux (which is aggravated / caused by anxiety).

Again, you need to remember that the doctors know their stuff.
    Last edited by Sheik N Shimmy; 22-03-07 at 15:55. Reason: alsheimers

Hi red
    you have good old acid reflux by the sounds of things, its quite common for it to take a while to settle down especially if there is anxiety present. I have a good real going dose of it at the moment ,not so much the acid burn but the pain behind my sternum and into my stomach is real bad, so bad that ive hardly eaten anything last few days. Stomach cancer is like most cancers and pain is usually the very last symptom, your gp is right that your symptoms following national guidelines do not warrent an endoscopyat the moment. You should buy some of the newer gaviscon and take it as well till you get over the initial period. Your anxiety about this will only worsen the symptoms,right now i feel as if im tried to swallow 3 golf balls and there all in different places in my GI tract, take heart from our replies,it will melt away.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

hi red,

i dunno if this will help of not, but i had a stomach infection last year that took about 3 months to finally leave me, and now i have acid reflux-yes, the burping, acid in throat, sore throat, lump feeling etc, and my stomach too feels like its churning constantly( i think thats the ibs), i get weird pains all the time!
    my doc also said a few times that i dont currently need a blood test or and camera tests etc, she too felt my stomach a few times and asked the same questions you were asked.
    like you i question their knowledge, and lack of tests, but to be honest, many times i have been told, if we were really sick, we would know about it!!!!!
    symptoms would be serious!!!!!! also, i dont know your level of medical training, but i have none whatsoever, and need to accept that they are the docs , not me....lastly i actually realise, after talking with many people and seeing many other doctors that the good doctors are the ones who feel around, ask you questions and KNOW what theyre doing. rather then the ones (like ive seen) who, even when you have a cold, just say ' i dunno' and send you for a blood test....tests cost money and should be done when needed, not when not needed.

take care red

Hi all,

I think it appears to be better when I eat.
    I hope this is a good sign and something serious?

I have also got myself in a frantic worried state as I looked on another
    forum and this person said that their doctor said that acid reflux can cause cancer.

I don't know if it's acid reflux I have but I have never had these symtoms in my time of anxiety and it's making me so worried.

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 24-03-07 at 19:18.

Hi all,

Help, in one big mess at the moment.

I have read on this forum that burping can be a symtom of cancer?

Please tell me this ain't true..!

I'm typing her with tears, can not cope!

Red

I replied to your other thread Red.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

have you asked for a breath test red? it checks for helibacter pylori as i had similar symptoms to you and im now on meds to get rid of it

i know how you feel and hope you get better soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information