Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure in my Head

Pressure in my Head

Over the last few weeks I seem to be getting a feeling of pressure in my head and sometimes it is really bad, does anyone know if this is anxiety related and has experienced something similar?

Hey, yea i experience exactly the same thing. It used to worry me but I had lots of tests done and I was given the all clear.

Mine's definitely anxiety related, and it sounds like yours is too. Quite often your neck muscles tighten up when you are stressed giving you this feeling, its nothing to worry about.

Does taking pain killers help? I sometimes find that works for me.

I know its easier said than done but try not to worry about it, it really does subside when you're not thinking about it as much.

Other than that just make sure you're looking after yourself, drink lots of water, eat well and get regular exercise as this all helps.

Hope this helps, if u ever need a chat feel free to pm me :-)

Lotsa love Becca xx

Yes yes yes!

All the time really, I oftern describe the hed feelings i get as the worst ones....

Sarah

i experience the same almost everyday, maybe its due to anxiety, or due to cold. But i dont think its something serious, maybe it could be PMS too.

Hiya

Yes i get this too.I used to worry because my neck didnt hurt or anything it was just my head.
    It really is stress and tension though.It will go away
    Hope you are feeling better today
    Hunny xx

Thanks for your replies. I definitely have a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders which cant be helping. I have also noticed recently that I sleep with my shoulders very tight and tense, so they never get a break. Something I need to change asap. The thing that I find most frustrating about anxiety is the way that my symptoms change, so i'm never 100% sure that it's anxiety.

Also rajju077, i'd be really really worried if it was PMS, i'm male! I know it's not clear from my name don't worry. Thank you for your reply.

* definitely have a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders which cant be helping. I have also noticed recently that I sleep with my shoulders very tight and tense, so they never get a break. *

May well be sole cause .. so what are you going to do about it today ??

Shrugging shoulders 10-20 times slowly , sloooooowwwwly tipping ear to shoulders. Also forward and back as slowly as possible....

Plus all the massage etc that we always recommend

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi,

I can totally concur with you and when this happened the first time it totally freaked me out and felt like my head was about to explode.

This will pass and ease over time do not fear, exercise is very good although you may not feel like it but it does help immensely and keeping your mind occupied with anything to distract you from having negative thoughts.

We'll get through it together, don't worry.

Take care

Elly

Re: Pressure in my Head

I suffer from bad headaches at the moment. For the past four weeks I have had tension type headache, temple pressure is the only way I can describe it. It won't go away and no pain killer touch it unfornuatly it's driving me absolutely mad. Know how you are feeling.....

Re: Pressure in my Head

Hi there,
    Im getting this really bad, i have been to the doctors and he said it was tension headache.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information