Thread: Birth control?

Birth control?

Can people tell me of their experiences with birth control? Did it make your anxiety better? Worse? didn't affect you at all? Anything helps, I want to get on it but I feel like my hormones being screwwy would be the last thing I want.

Re: Birth control?

I think like most thinks you have to try them to find the one that suits you,
    I have been on various pills so far, ovranette and microgyn, dianette and yasmin and also i have been on a mini pill which i cant remember the name off.
    well all of these pills have suited me with no problems at all, i get anxious but i always have with or with out the pill.
    The mini pill i went on really made me depressed though so i went off that as soon as i could.

Re: Birth control?

I can only speak from personal experience, but having been on several birth control pills all I can say is they were a nightmare for me. I really think they were the source of my anxiety all together, or rather brought it out from hiding. I got awful mood swings, depression, eczema, crying fits, anxiety through the roof, anger that was out of proportion, and more, which all calmed down considerably after I stopped taking them. I only figured out the connection after I experimented with a few brands and found teh same reaction to all. Some women are very sensitive to estrogen and progesterone, and in general I'm much more comfortable with taking every other precaution contraceptives-wise than putting synthetic hormones in my body anymore. I really think if you're prone to anxiety or your life is stressful, it's something to research heavily and to consult with a doctor who cares because the pill is meant to make your body react as if it's pregnant already... and all that excess hormone can be bad news.

Thread Information