Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im overthinking everything including existence

Has anyone else experienced this. PLEASE REPLY

Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before.

Re: Im overthinking everything including existence

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

How to I get all this stuff off my mind

Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before. Its all very taxing and I just want some help to find myself again. Its like I dont know what all this is. I feel like I sound crazy or this is some joke but I've been pondering all this stuff nonstop

Can someone help me get to the bottom of this problem

Hey guys Im 19 years old and i have always been fine my whole life and never experienced ocd tendencies,Ive never done drugs and i don't drink anyways about two months ago i had a severe panic attack and ever since then I've been questioning everything. It started out with the idea that we r on planet in the middle of an infinite universe than i started asking questions about what this is it became overwhelming. I started considering the craziest ideas like what is this whole thing is this an illusion, is this real do others exist, is this a matrix all of tis crazy stuff and it scared me. I never thought twice about any of this stuff and then all of a sudden it became an obsession. I started to question everything. Its all very taxing I fee very hopeless because everything is such a mystery and i wasn't even aware of it do u guys have any advice in dealing with this. I know it sounds crazy and maybe i am idk. But it sucks I've always been very determined and ambitious and now Im shocked about this whole thing and it feels like i just now really realized all of this stuff. Have guys gone through this and how do i get rid of all these thoughts.
    Im pretty sure this isn't dp because i feel the same as i did before just now my perception on everything is negative now for some reason. These thoughts have been plaguing me for a month now and I could really use any advice to get out of this

Re: Can someone help me get to the bottom of this problem

Have you had a read of the OCD threads about Solopsism and Existentialism? I think they will help you.

Jeff - I sent you a PM about multiple posts.

Merged again to here

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nic,

It might have been because of what I said earlier as this one is an OCD theme too. Apologies.

Has anyone else experienced this. PLEASE REPLY

Hey guys Im 19 years and I have a boatload of problems right now I'm overthinking everything. I literally have thought my self out of a happy life. Currently Ive been overthinking existence and its really messing with me. It all started when I thought about the idea we are on a planet in the middle of an infinite universe. Then I started thinking how we are basically aliens on a planet. Then I started thinking how crazy it is i exist in a world that hasn't even proved existence and how crazy that is. Then I started thinking about evolution and how we are advanced apes, then I asked myself what if I'm the only real person. Mind you I've never done any drugs or anything. Ive just been thinking non stop lately and it scaring me. My perception of everything has changed in negative way and its depressed me. It all seems surreal to me. Has anyone else pondered these questions? If so how did you stop ruminating about them. I can't stop it sucks I wish I could just put my head in the sand but at this point it its tough. Ive thought about the infinite possibilities of why we are here from illusion to matrix almost every idea or philosophy. I know that sounds crazy but all this stuff is making me feel like Im crazy. Its just that I feel like I'm alone and no one else seems to even care. I don't have dp if anything I might have OCD but I've never had those tendencies until I had my panic attack 2 months ago since then Ive just been overthinking everything to a unhealthy degree. What can I do to stop these thoughts and get my life back it would mean a lot if you guys reply I will appreciate every answer. Please help its been very hard on me for some reason. I went my whole life up to this point and i never thought twice about any of it and then boom all these questions hit me at once. Ive always lead a healthy lifestyle and I'm artistic I think my high IQ has something to do with all this thinking but I don't want to think about this stuff. I just want to live life like before. I feel weird about all these thoughts and I literally think about them non stop, what can i do to forget about this bs its sucks. Please reply all responses are much appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information