Thread: CONSTANT headaches

CONSTANT headaches

Hello everybody ! My name is Kayla and I’m 17 years old, almost 18. I do suffer from anxiety but recently I’ve been having some god awful tension headaches, and they’ve been KILLING me. NOT migraines. I had 4 headaches over a one week period. My mum refuses to take me to the doctor because she thinks it’s truly just my anxiety, and stressing about finals in school.

Sometimes I fear that I may have a brain tumor, although the constant headaches are really the only symptom I have. Sometimes dizziness as well.

I’m an extremely healthy teen, I workout constantly, I work hard in school, I eat healthy, but I don’t know why I’m having these headaches and they’re only making my anxiety much worse. Tylenol and ibuprofen no not work for me.

A few months ago, I was afraid I was having heart/lung or chest problems because sometimes it’d hurt to breathe in, but after tons of tests they determined it was just anxiety.

I’m a HUGE hypochondriac, and please do not criticize me for worrying, I’m just scared.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

These headaches start at the base of my neck and work their way up to my head

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Please help me��

Re: CONSTANT headaches

I used to get headaches alot and bad ones due to neck muscle strain and also from the muscles around my eyes from squintimg and stuff... But we dont actually realize that were automatically tensing our muscles specially with anxiety. Take a moment to notice how your muscles in those areas feel and then try and relax them... Hope this helps

Thank you so much, it helps me a lot

Does anyone know how to post a thread here?? I’m new

Morning, Kayla.

These constant headaches can be so frustrating! It’s been a mainstay symptom for me for years! After one particularly bad bout which lasted for weeks, I did visit the doctor and they very reliably informed me that in no way they could be caused by anything scary if the only thing was a headache.

I’m actually going through something very similar at the moment, started on Sunday but just hanging around all week. Top of my neck and shoulders feel really sore and tender plus some pain in my forehead and temple areas.

Sadly I think sometimes they just have to waited out, along with of course addressing the underlying anxiety!

Hope you feel better soon

I get headaches, when I look to much at my smartphone or other screens and when I'm stressed. Neck muscles are very sensitive for stress and because of your neck muscles you get a kind of massive headache.

Thread Information