Thread: High normal WBC pregnancy

High normal WBC pregnancy

Hi. I can't find my old threads.

I know how irrational I am. Yesterday I got my blood and urine taken. I have WBC count of 13.39, and higher range for 1st trimester (I am at the end of 1st trimester) is 13.6, so apparently very close to the higher end. I feel fine, only been having runny nose for a couple of weeks (sneeze all the time). Maybe it's from that.

But of course, my HA makes me think it's leukemia. Which I know is nonsense because then WBC would be much higher and there would be other things in blood that would be off, like platelets. Which are fine for me, 305.

I called my doctor and she said that my WBC is normal for pregnancy. But my anxiety still runs high and my heart is pounding etc.

In times like this I just wish that I couldn't see all my results by myself [we have a system that all results are stored in a page everyone can access with their bank account and see all their results over the years. Maybe convenient for normal people, but for folks like us... ]

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

But I have found out that the thing that sets me off, is stress. I was feeling very ok these last weeks. And then a few days ago my mom calls me and threatens that she would go and hang herself just like my father did. She's got her own problems with health (real, but not fatal... hypofunction of thyroid and back problems) and depression. When she told me that, I felt very bad and developed nervous muscle ticks. My arm muscle next day felt like I would have done 1000 bicep curls with it. Heart also went bonkers and blood pressure got high.

And now this scare - I know that it is from that stressful event, because I have read articles before about WBC in pregnancy and know that I am fine.

Re: High normal WBC pregnancy

Hi lady!

I had the exact same thing happen to me in pregnancy. It's typically your neutrophils that are elevated. Every doctor told me that it was normal. Mine were about the same as yours. They went back down after i had him. Also, don't freak out when your red blood cells decrease in second trimester. Most pregnant women get mild anemia and it's totally normal. I freaked about that too!

Thread Information