Thread: Pregnant and had high wbc results

Pregnant and had high wbc results

So I suffer from health anxiety on and off for years.... this year it came back when I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd child. I had a blood test in November and everything was normal. All my blood tests I've ever had have been normal.
    Until Monday, my WBC count was slightly elavated. Normal is no more than 11,000 but mine was 12,600. They said it's nothing to worry about and that it's quite common in pregnancy actually.... but why wasn't it elavated in November then?! I can't quit googling and looking up what type of disease I have.

Re: Pregnant and had high wbc results

Quote Originally Posted by Mariemomma11 View Post
    They said it's nothing to worry about and that it's quite common in pregnancy actually.... but why wasn't it elavated in November then?!
    Because you're more pregnant now then in November? Regardless, the medical professionals aren't concerned nor should you be.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know. I wish I could stop worrying.

Your white count is only slightly elevated and there are many reasons for a slightly elevated white count most of which are of no concern... Even stress can cause an elevated white count... If the DRs are not concerned, then try not to worry... Almost every time I get a CBC my white count is elevated and the DRs are never concerned about it.

Actually if you're pregnant, there are different norms. In first trimester up to 13.8 and even higher later.
    I freaked out when I got mine at 13.4 a week ago and even posted here. Doctor said its fine and due to the pregnancy itself.

What Bastett said! I had labs that were off he charts, but for a pregnant woman-totally normal.

Thread Information