Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World feels different with anxiety?

Re: World feels different with anxiety?

Well I'm currently experiencing this feeling. It does in fact feel like my heads in a bubble or like a sheen was casted over entire being. Today while I was working this feeling got the better good of me. It felt so overwhelming that I felt like really uncomfortable by the weird feeling. I felt like I was so gonna lose control and have a mental break down. I don't know why I've developed these anxiety issues but I do hope It passes. It's been about 2 weeks since I've been suffering from this issue. When I feel overwhelmed by this feeling I usually try to play games on my phone because that helps to keep my mind distracted in some aspect. However it's not always that you can use your phone so that's why I want to learn a new way to calm myself from the overwhelming feeling. The best way to describe the feeling for me is the feeling when your high. It's like you know your high and it makes the world look different but you feel so relaxed you don't pay notice to it. But with this however it's like you know everything feels different but you don't feel relaxed so we think about it and that causes the panic and the negative thoughts. Anyone know anything that helps?

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

Well I'm currently experiencing this feeling. It does in fact feel like my heads in a bubble or like a sheen was casted over entire being. Today while I was working this feeling got the better good of me. It felt so overwhelming that I felt like really uncomfortable by the weird feeling. I felt like I was so gonna lose control and have a mental break down. I don't know why I've developed these anxiety issues but I do hope It passes. It's been about 2 weeks since I've been suffering from this issue. When I feel overwhelmed by this feeling I usually try to play games on my phone because that helps to keep my mind distracted in some aspect. However it's not always that you can use your phone so that's why I want to learn a new way to calm myself from the overwhelming feeling. The best way to describe the feeling for me is the feeling when your high. It's like you know your high and it makes the world look different but you feel so relaxed you don't pay notice to it. But with this however it's like you know everything feels different but you don't feel relaxed so we think about it and that causes the panic and the negative thoughts. Anyone know anything that helps?

I think I get where you're coming from.

I had a very extreme episode of health anxiety about six months ago. It was caused by a specific traumatic event and I ended up having a breakdown and became completely nonfunctional. I never thought I'd recover, but I'm doing much better now.

Many days, the world seems almost normal to me again. An arbitrary, but ultimately benign, universe, where people in my sort of position are statistically likely to lead good lives and die at a ripe old age.

But for a long time the world became an extremely dark and horrifying place. Sometimes, something will set off my anxiety, and I start to feel the same way again... though it's normally controllable now. It seemed to me that in a mysterious and ineffable way the universe was working to kill me, sort of like destiny, and no matter how many times I dodged death it would get me in the end. I felt completely trapped in an existence that was so different from my previous life. It was like a dark, bleak, utterly terrifying version of the beautiful world I'd known before. It felt that everything that came before had been a cruel trick to lull me into a false sense of security and that I was now living my true life - which was completely unbearable.

So, in conclusion, yes, anxiety can make you see things in a ****ed up way!

Thanks for this post. I feel like this a lot. I've recently come close to a complete break down and find it's such a slow road to feeling anything but this. Anyway, if it's any consolation you aren't alone. Hang in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information