Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi my name is Jenni I feel awful

Hi my name is Jenni I feel awful

Hi my name is Jenni. Panic attacks are nothing new to me; I suffered from agoraphobia for 16 years during the late 1960's & 70's. During the years I occasionally had a panic attack, but coped with it. I developed depression after the death of my father. I was prescribed Seroxat, which I was told was NON ADDICTIVE. I was only supposed to take it for 6 months, in fact it turned out to be 6 years. In January this year I decided to come off Seroxat and gradually reduced the dose, until I was finally off this addictive drug in June. In August I became anxious and one night I woke up with a panic attack, something I had never experienced before. Then I started having them when waking up in the mornings. Insomnia set in and I became afraid almost to go to bed. I bought a couple self hypnosis CD's specifically for dealing with panic attacks. I found these really helpful and I thought I was on the way to panic free nights. Not to be, things are so bad now I am awake for hours during the night and despite practicing all the relaxation techniques for panic attacks, eventually they win. I have been unable to eat for the past 5 days. I am living on Complan and Horlicks. In desperation I reluctantly went to my GP yesterday who has prescribed 20mgs of Citalopram and 5mg of Diazepam to be taken at night. I am not happy to be on medication again, especially as I had gone through the withdrawal process of coming off Seroxat. I asked my doctor if coming off Seroxat had any bearing on my condition. He said no, the time gap was too long. I took the diazepam last night and looked forward to a good night's sleep. Sad to say, I woke up several times and was finally awake at 2.45am, unable to go back to sleep. Panic set in and today I feel awful. Sorry to make this such a long introduction but being almost 70 I have a long history. I find the forums really helpful and just to know there are so many others out who are fellow sufferers and understand just what having panic attacks are like, makes me feel I am not alone.

Regards Jenni

Hi Jenni

A warm welcome aboard and you have found a very friendly, helpful site here.

Sorry to hear you are suffering again at night. See if any of these posts help....

Night panic
    Nothing like a panic attack at 3:30 am
    Sudden nighttime attacks
    Waking Up With A Panic Attack In The Night
    Bad Morning !!!!!!!!!!!
    Panic attacks during sleep.
    It's Back!
    Waking Startled at Night
    Panic Attacks....During Sleep
    panic attack in sleep

I think you could be our oldest active user at the moment so lovely to see you here!

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Hi Jenni

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, you are in good company, you will find some great advice here while making new friends on the way !

Love

Andrea
    xxx

hi jenni welcome to the forum.you,ll meet lots of friends here that feel the same way
    take care
    rachel x

Hi Jenni

Welcome to NMP. I'm newish here and have found it really useful. It sounds like you have a lot to offer in terms of experience and no doubt stuff to learn to. There is no way you are alone here.

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez

Hi Jenni and WELCOME you are among friends here

kaz x

Hi Jenni,
    I know how horrible it is to not get any sleep and then have to get up and try to function normally. I recently started on Seroquel and it is amazing. I don't wake up drowzy at all and I do get a great night's sleep. I also take Lithium for the other problems. This site is very helpful and all the people treat you like family. The chat line is a great way to get to know "us". Good luck!
    Sheryl[B)]

Sheryl

Hi Jenny a big warm welcome to the site. You will get lots of help and support here.

Take care

Luv Barb xxx

Hi Jenni,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice. I thought I might be your 'oldest' active member.

I think it is wonderful there is so much support and helpful advice. I'm glad I am now a member.

Jenni

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information