Thread: skin spots

skin spots

hi again,

sorry to post a bit lately....in the last year i have had these small light brown dots appear on the top of my thighs....i have googled all types of skin cancer, and they dont seem to resemble any of them-not that id know. i googled age spots, and they sound similar, only prob is, google said they start in ppl over 40-50. im only 32....has anyone had small light brown spots appear on them? i had a skin check done 2 months ago with my gp, and i forgot to show her these, but other spots that had appeared on me that are darker- i showed her, and they are nothing apparently. i have olive skin and am not a sun baker. even when i was younger, i like, sunbaked only 2 ever. has anyone else had spots appear like this? i have two on one leg and like a small cluster on the other inner thigh...any advice?

Re: skin spots

Yes i have some of them, i assumed mine were age spots and i had mine before i was forty,everyone is different and that age range is only an average,i think your probably right about it not being skin cancer though. As we get older things do change with our bodies (everything goes south for a start,lol) I dont think you should worry about it though
    take care

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Yep I get loadas of them too.

Never really worried as they don't seem red or angry atall so just normal I guess.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi!

thanks heaps for answering my post. i really appreciate it.
    nice to know this is normal, sad to know it seems my life is only headed downhill now...i still feel young, but my body in the last year seems to hate me and i feel like its packing it in....but my mind is thinking- im only 32?!?!?!?!
    and isnt all this supposed to happen slowley? like over years? all this has happened to me in the last 12 months!!!!! age spots, grey hairs, acid reflux, anxiety. what else? i honestly didnt think it would start to all happen so fast. i thought i had another 10 years at least before my body started to really deteriorate.....very depressing, and my mums not helping with her constant ' well, your body is dying fast now that you are in middle age?!?!?!- im still in uni!!! i havent had kids yet, havent bought my first house yet...ive just stoppped partying 2 years ago..is is really supposed to happen like this? just all end at 30?
    and when i tell ppl my age now, they say- oh, its all over now'
    surely this cant be true???
    i know women i thier 40s who say they have never felt better...

Thread Information