Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constant anxiety all day long

Re: constant anxiety all day long

It's that nasty anxiety. I had for 5 years. On no meds. Just got that book today the worry trick. Cant wait to read it. I got to start living my life in present and not past. I have to tell myself it is only my brain giving me all those negative thoughts. Once the anxiety goes away amazing how all aches and pains go away. Your brain us very strong.

I know how you guys feel, I have anxiety and it's just horrible. Heart racing, feeling scared, feeling hot and sometimes sweating, shaking, light headed. It sometimes happens for no reason whatsoever. It's like torture and add to the mix when you cannot sleep well like myself recently you feel miserable and depressed. I know it's hard but just think you are not alone, millions of people have bad anxiety every day.

Thank you all for responding. Yes, millions of people suffer from anxiety- very true. Let's just hope we all can get better. I guess I am going to try a different medication to see if it can call my brain down at all. I just hate those nasty start up side effects. Does anyone take any meds they find work?

So How is everyone doing here? I'm still battling my anxiety. I'm on Duloxetine, which is not helping. My anxiety stems from a few things, but my heart palpitations are a huge trigger for me. Thankfully, I don't get them that often :(

So frustrating when you know there is nothing actually to worry about, life could be good, but anxiety/depression constantly gnaws away at you. Horrid feeling. I've tried medication, counselling, CBT, group therapy etc.
    I find learning new things (a language etc) and going for a walk can help to keep invasive thoughts away. I dread organised events as I panic (low self-esteem, I guess), but when I feel good, I can do anything. Really frustrating. Wish I could remain calm and without these thoughts all the time.
    Sleeping at night is always a trial. My heart races and I can't switch off. Exercise is essential - got to fight the lack of motivation.
    Best thing for me has been the self-help group therapy. See if there's a group of fellow sufferers in your area. It's the only time I feel relaxed, I guess because I don't have to prove myself
    Good luck, all. With you all the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information