Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you schedule a doctor's appointment right before a trip?

Would you schedule a doctor's appointment right before a trip?

I'm conflicted as to what to do. I posted on here yesterday about 3 nodes near my groin that appear to be just over 1 cm in size and I don't know how long they've been like that. I've also been waking up slightly sweaty in the mornings and I'm not sure if I should wear lighter pajamas or if this is cancer. I am very worried that it's lymphoma

I am going on a trip to Rome this weekend for the first time and I was super excited about it. Now these worries are consuming my life.

I have an appointment for tomorrow before I leave for my trip with my primary care doctor...I made this appointment so that I would put my mind at ease before my trip. He would be able to give me some sort of idea if they look suspicious or if things are fine.

HOWEVER...as an HA sufferer I tend to have a million questions about things and I will with my nodes as well. So a lot of times after so many questions, the outcome ends up being the doctor asking me what I want to do, do I want a scan of some sort? But if he suggests a scan tomorrow because of my questions or because he thinks it's necessary, depending on how the doctor says it, it might send me into a HA spiral right before my trip since I would be worrying about WHY he wants me to get a scan.

So...I really don't know what to do. In one case I'd be worried that my nodes might have cancer, in the other, I would worry why he would want me to get a scan. Any thoughts/advice welcome

Re: Would you schedule a doctor's appointment right before a trip?

I had a node scare late last year. My doctor offered an ultrasound and blood test to put my mind to rest and I got it done on the day. Go anyway, make sure you get your questions answered before your trip which sounds AMAZING. If they ask for tests, see if they can do it that day. Ultrasound technicians can usually tell whether a node is okay and blood test results are analysed day of, so if something were wrong, you'd find out

Quote Originally Posted by bubx View Post
    I had a node scare late last year. My doctor offered an ultrasound and blood test to put my mind to rest and I got it done on the day. Go anyway, make sure you get your questions answered before your trip which sounds AMAZING. If they ask for tests, see if they can do it that day. Ultrasound technicians can usually tell whether a node is okay and blood test results are analysed day of, so if something were wrong, you'd find out
    Thank you for your response Unfortunately I probably won't get the blood test the same day...it seems to take at least a couple days

Also I thought blood tests didn't show anything with lymphoma?

So nothing I posted on your other thread about this made any sense or quelled your fear at all? Well that'll teach me eh?

Go enjoy your trip.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So nothing I posted on your other thread about this made any sense or quelled your fear at all? Well that'll teach me eh?

Go enjoy your trip.

Positive thoughts
    It actually did, and I slept well last night...then this morning when I woke up kind of sweaty even though I didn't have a ton of blankets and started worrying about lymphoma again

Quote Originally Posted by CG5246 View Post
    It actually did, and I slept well last night...then this morning when I woke up kind of sweaty even though I didn't have a ton of blankets and started worrying about lymphoma again
    I've always sweated when I sleep. I still do, but when I got sick, it turned into drenching, soak the bed, change the sheets, head to toe sweats. "Kind of sweaty" is not that

Enjoy your trip... pics or it didn't happen!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I've always sweated when I sleep. I still do, but when I got sick, it turned into drenching, soak the bed, change the sheets, head to toe sweats. "Kind of sweaty" is not that

Enjoy your trip... pics or it didn't happen!

Positive thoughts
    Okay I will be sure to hop on here and post a few pics

So then a damp bed and damp back doesn't qualify as "drenched"...correct?

So then a damp bed and damp back doesn't qualify as "drenched"...correct?
    Does it?

Positive thoughts

Does it?

Positive thoughts
    I don't understand...lol. I don't think it qualifies as drenched, but honestly I have no baseline to compare it to since I haven't always been a "sweaty" person at night.

I don't understand...lol. I don't think it qualifies as drenched, but honestly I have no baseline to compare it to since I haven't always been a "sweaty" person at night.
    C'mon CG... Seriously? Look up the definition of the words damp and drenched for goodness sakes!

Otherwise, just go to the doctor if you really need to. I'll alert the "Told ya so gang"

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information