Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It feels like I enjoy hurting dogs...

It feels like I enjoy hurting dogs...

It seems that I’m posting a lot here, but that’s because I’m worrying a lot. Being a teenager isn’t easy...

I have always loved dogs. I own a very cute Shi Tzu. I am disgusted when I hear about a dog being abused. However, recently, I’ve had an intrusive thought about harming him. While thinking about it, I suddenly felt that I liked it when dogs were abused and killed. I felt PLEASURE from that. Then I started having horrible “fantasies” where I killed dogs. I would say this was an intrusive thought, but I feel pleasure from these thoughts, which scares me. Could it be because I just enjoy violent things? Could it be the same reason behind why I had the other violent fantasies? Could it just be my OCD tricking me (if so, this is very realistic). Please help!

Re: It feels like I enjoy hurting dogs...

Just OCD, i always get killer thoughts on hurting animals and humans, but i know I'll never do it. Just remember it's only OCD and nothing else. Good luck

Hiyer, I see you've posted about similar on another thread about intrusive/violent thoughts. There are some replies on there already, but I will add here....they are what you say they are, correctly labelled intrusive thoughts.
    Sometimes new very anxious mothers have the same about hurting a baby/child, the anxiety of the situation they are in provokes the intrusive thought. They are not people that will or would ever hurt their baby or child, but the fear that they could lose control and do such a thing overwhelms them. If anything they are the least likely people to ever be violent. This was explained to me when I had my baby 20 year ago and had intrusive thoughts of this nature. It is because you love the animal/person and have anxiety that you are scaring yourself with this 'but could I do this?' The more you are not dismissing them as simply intrusive thoughts, the more extreme they are becoming. You are basically frightening yourself into more thoughts as you imagine you felt 'pleasure'.

The thing is it's ok saying it's just OCD as though it's nothing (which it is) so suggest to ShinTzuLover to get some professional help for their OCD issues it wont go way on it's own ATB

SO, I had a quick look on 'OCDUK' for you and there is a large section on intrusive thoughts. I know people here are not keen on googling, but I think supportive sites on mental health are a different matter. Read through the part on 'intrusive thoughts' and 'violent intrusive thoughts'...it clearly says there that people like this are the least likely to ever cause harm....

https://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Bigboy, shitzu lover might already be getting help for their OCD for all we know, people will get help as and when they want to and we can't push things too fast without knowing the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    SO, I had a quick look on 'OCDUK' for you and there is a large section on intrusive thoughts. I know people here are not keen on googling, but I think supportive sites on mental health are a different matter. Read through the part on 'intrusive thoughts' and 'violent intrusive thoughts'...it clearly says there that people like this are the least likely to ever cause harm....

https://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Bigboy, shitzu lover might already be getting help for their OCD for all we know, people will get help as and when they want to and we can't push things too fast without knowing the facts.
    Absolutley Carys but I believe in not sitting on your symptoms and to get proactive about getting better that was all And you beat me too it but see the OP is not in the Uk. ATB

Yes, I know you like proactive, and thats a good thing and that you want everyone to recover. I applaud you for that approach......but in my first post on here in years the first thing you said was 'get help for your HA', without knowing that it wasn't something that I needed or wanted help with. I've had help many times, and I'm over the anxiety of HA within days, but I posted at a bad time that's all (but have stuck around since then). I'm not wanting an argument, please don't take it that way, I'm just presenting a thought to you. I just think that saying to everyone 'get professional help' isn't always the first thing to say when we don't know what 'place' they are in themselves.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from the important OCD things being discussed. I don't even know huge amount about it, so if you do then maybe take over here

Yes, I know you like proactive, and thats a good thing and that you want everyone to recover. I applaud you for that approach......but in my first post on here in years the first thing you said was 'get help for your HA', without knowing that it wasn't something that I needed or wanted help with. I've had help many times, and I'm over the anxiety of HA within days, but I posted at a bad time that's all (but have stuck around since then). I'm not wanting an argument, please don't take it that way, I'm just presenting a thought to you. I just think that saying to everyone 'get professional help' isn't always the first thing to say when we don't know what 'place' they are in themselves.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from the important OCD things being discussed. I don't even know huge amount about it, so if you do then maybe take over here
    Yes I can see your point on this and I don't have a problem with you mentioning it either I too have OCD and while Iam getting help (with my hoarding problems) I am told I don't need help (CBT) Which I believe I do need help so will speak to my support worker about this over a decade of clutter has built up in my home its not good (: Iam no expert on it but recognise the signs in a OCD person ATB

Is the OCD UK website ok and helpful, in your opinion (as only just found it myself)?

Is the OCD UK website ok and helpful, in your opinion (as only just found it myself)?
    Yes loads of info and support groups (peer) up and down the uk. Plus it's also helpful with phobias too ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information