Thread: numbness is left side and down side of thigh

Lightbulb numbness is left side and down side of thigh

My partner told me that whilst she was having a bath she felt that her left side (from the hip down to the side of her thigh) was numb and felt weird. Only came on today and she just felt it when she was in the bath. Can this happen by just sleeping on that side of the body or has anyone else experienced anything similar? Thank you
    Last edited by Tiff111; 05-02-18 at 14:24.

Re: numbness is left side and down side of thigh

Anyone atall???x

Sorry... no idea

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It could be anything really - like a trapped nerve but we have no way of knowing that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I used to get this a lot, and patches of numbness down my legs. It's gone a bit better over the years but do still get it sometimes and I do have bumpy fascia in my legs and wonder if this might have been related. Or nerves, I guess if it doesn't go maybe see a doc. For me I found excersize and stretching helped relieve things xx

Yes she did some exercise and said it helped a little bit,it stared off right from the hip to the knee along the side but now it’s just a patch on the thigh about the size of her hand. It’s only been one day, she’s not bothered in the slightest and only notices it when she touches her leg...but me being me goes in to overdrive

It can happen from sleeping or it can happen from nerve damage or being overweight. It’s called MP, meralgia paraesthetica. I have it from a car accident, and it’s gotten worse with age and when I’ve put on a few extra pounds. I also only get it on my left side.

Ah I see...she’s very slim and fit, complete gym bunny so don’t think it’s anything to do with weight, could be from sleeping on it...we could do with a new bed maybe...does it actually go? I’ve got visions of something horrible in her pelvis compressing the nerve ��

I’ve had a numb patch on the outside of my left thigh from just below the hip to the knee since having my first baby. Pre-HA, so of course it never occurred to me to worry about it.

Thread Information