Thread: Worried about possible sarcoma that doctor thinks is cyst

Question Worried about possible sarcoma that doctor thinks is cyst

I've already stressed about this in two theads yet nobody has responded. Im a health anxiety sufferer and have been struggling with the fear of cancer my whole life. I have a lump in my outer labia that is a year old or possibly older and it only now started worrying me. It can move around (but now I'm wondering if it's just moving with the tissue) is sort of rubbery, very hard, and painless. My doctor thinks it's just a cyst but when she sent me for an ultrasound she said that it didn't look like one therefore they actually have no idea what it is. She still believes it to be a cyst but I read that epitheloid sarcoma can grow in the vulva and have since been extremely frightened by it. She is making me take another ultrasound in a month but idk if I can wait that long when I'm terrified. Anyone have stories or advice surrounding wrong or alarming ultrasounds? I just want to live my life without fear again..

Re: Worried about possible sarcoma that doctor thinks is cyst

Hi,
    Sorry you are having so much worry over this. I believe they are very common. Sebaceous cysts are caused by a blocked sebaceous gland (oil gland in the skin). They commonly occur in the vulva and appear as a small, hard lump, which is generally painless. This is most likely what it is.

If you're still feeling anxious about this you could go privately to a gynecologist for a second opinion and get it biopsied/removed. Tell him/her of your fears.

I read that epitheloid sarcoma is EXTREMELY rare and there have only been 20 cases reported EVER, so its EXTREMELY unlikely that you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry you are having so much worry over this. I believe they are very common. Sebaceous cysts are caused by a blocked sebaceous gland (oil gland in the skin). They commonly occur in the vulva and appear as a small, hard lump, which is generally painless. This is most likely what it is.

If you're still feeling anxious about this you could go privately to a gynecologist for a second opinion and get it biopsied/removed. Tell him/her of your fears.

I read that epitheloid sarcoma is EXTREMELY rare and there have only been 20 cases reported EVER, so its EXTREMELY unlikely that you have it.
    Thank you! I know it's very rare but the lack of information the doctors can give me has just led me to worry more about something that is almost impossible. I'm trying to see if I can manage to wait a month or if I need to go to a gyn. Idk why if it is a cyst it wouldn't show up that way on the ultrasound but I'm still trying to have hope! I need to quit looking up symptoms so much...

I want to update that I'm still extremely scared of this. I'm trying to wait for the month to go by for another ultrasound but I keep thinking of the possibility it's epitheloid sarcoma. I haven't been touching the mass too much I didn't think yet it feels more swollen/bigger and is unconfortable a large portion of the day. I don't want to find out that this is too long before treatment and that I'm doomed. I don't know how to calm down ��

Hi, if it help any I found a small firm immovable lump about 6 years ago in the same area as you. I got it checked out and was told it was a cyst. It’s still there now but I can pop it and it goes away for months and then reappears. Very odd

Unfortunately mine is extremely deep in the tissue with no head or way of popping it. I am gonna try and see my doctor again this upcoming week to request an MRI sooner, because I can't wait anymore

Thread Information