Thread: Small area on top of head feels sensitive.

Small area on top of head feels sensitive.

Hello everyone,

Please could I get some advice?

Above my forehead there is a tiny area (an inch/half maybe?) that feels very tender and sore. Only there's no spot, or redness, or bruise and i've had no injury. There's no dry skin or anything and all I can find on google is just how skin sores on the scalp can be tender.

Because there's no spot or any cause--it doesn't seem to be sunken or raised--i'm worried what it could be.

Is it possible it could be blood pooling under my skin or something leathel? Or would that not happen like that? Or leave a bruise? I'm so confused.

Is it possible it's just a blind spot not come through?

I know this might sound silly but I do get very worried when I don't understand and I need some help understanding.

Thank you.

Re: Small area on top of head feels sensitive.

Is it up in your hair? I get spots like this all the time on my scalp, and most of the time there is little to nothing to see there. They always go away in a week or so. I'm guessing they are like little pimples, because if I feel them very, very, closely, I can sometimes discern a tiny, tiny bump, which eventually goes away as well.

I have a bad habit of running my hands through my hair and massaging my scalp while I'm thinking, which is how I even know they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky16 View Post
    Is it up in your hair? I get spots like this all the time on my scalp, and most of the time there is little to nothing to see there. They always go away in a week or so. I'm guessing they are like little pimples, because if I feel them very, very, closely, I can sometimes discern a tiny, tiny bump, which eventually goes away as well.

I have a bad habit of running my hands through my hair and massaging my scalp while I'm thinking, which is how I even know they exist.
    I can't feel anything at all!

I know the type you mean, as, I've had them before too. They can be a pain. Sorry you had to deal with that. I do hope it's only something minor like that.
    Last edited by RainMorgan; 20-02-18 at 01:58.

I get that on my scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I get that on my scalp.
    I'm glad I'm not alone. Do you think I'm worrying for nothing or?

Hello. I think it's really easy to get spots/patches like that on your scalp. I've had them for reasons I can't work out, and also even from things like brushing my hair too briskly when I've been in a rush before. Our scalps are very sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaboodle View Post
    Hello. I think it's really easy to get spots/patches like that on your scalp. I've had them for reasons I can't work out, and also even from things like brushing my hair too briskly when I've been in a rush before. Our scalps are very sensitive.
    Thank you.

So even if I can't see or feel a 'spot', it's not likely to be anything dangerous?

I get that

Thread Information