Thread: Why did I google lung c

Why did I google lung c

My health anxiety is making me so flipping miserable. It’s affecting my life , I have small children and I am so petrified all of the time.

I had a virus in the last month which affected my chest, one evening about 3 weeks ago I coughed up a few flecks of bright red boood after a very dry hours long coughing fit.

I think that has stayed at the back of my mind.

I’ve been wheezy the last week, I have asthma and sometimes I can’t tell if it’s in my head or not, whether I do need to use my blue pump just to get a bigger breath . I usually use it every day anyway but at the moment I’m focused on needing it every 4 hours , whether it’s psychological or not I honestly can’t tell.

Tonight I coughed up phlegm and there was a red speck in it but could also have been something else as I was making dinner at the time (washed my hands obviously!!)

Then I googled lung c and wish I hadn’t

I don’t know what I’m hoping for , just some advice to put my mind at ease.

I’m too scared to go to the doctor , and don’t even know if I should because I don’t know if I should be worried. So fed up.

Thanks in advance of any replies

Re: Why did I google lung c

Prolonged coghing can irritate and inflame things so there’s no surprise you’ve coughed up some blood speckles.

I have exactly the same in the past after chesty coughs or a chest infection. Usually worse in the morning.

Do you get wheeziness too? Like shortness of breath feeling? The coughing up specks of blood was 2 weeks ago now.

I’m hoping that because I haven’t actually got a cough any more ( I keep coughing on purpose to clear my throat and am still a bit phlegm -y) and that I generally feel ok apart from the wheeziness that this is a good thing? I wouldn’t say I have a cough at all anymore it’s just ok constantly focusing on whether I need to clear my throat or need to get more oxygen by yawning, if that makes any sense at all.

Just wish I hadn’t googled it.

If it was something terrible would it be all the time that the symptoms were happening?

Yeah I’ve had the tight chest/wheeziness feeling. Infact quite recently. Have you ever had an inhaler? That may help that side of things.

I am sure if it was anything worrisome then it would be constant so try and relax. Easier said than done I know.

I should take my own advice on this as well but stay off Dr Google! It’s the worst thing ever. I have done it many times usually just before bed and it’s sent my heart racing with panic sometimes which then effects my rest.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyUK View Post
    Yeah I’ve had the tight chest/wheeziness feeling. Infact quite recently. Have you ever had an inhaler? That may help that side of things.

I am sure if it was anything worrisome then it would be constant so try and relax. Easier said than done I know.

I should take my own advice on this as well but stay off Dr Google! It’s the worst thing ever. I have done it many times usually just before bed and it’s sent my heart racing with panic sometimes which then effects my rest.
    Thanks. Yes I do have a blue inhaler which I am relying on too much as it’s easing my anxiety. I am trying to find a counsellor to go to as this is taking over my life again :(

I just did the same and have basically been fighting off the urge to write my obituary, but I also spoke with two different doctors who said that this was not lung cancer and is very common. Try to relax. I know it is hard. Even two doctors reassuring me isn't enough.

Thread Information