Thread: May Have Answer To My Anxiety

May Have Answer To My Anxiety

So as I’ve posted before my anxiety has been severe the past two years which included multiple panic attacks, palpitations, and lately dizziness. I was told I had GAD and depression and prescribed an SSRI. Well I have recently had an EKG which showed borderline in the ER. I had no idea at the time as I was sent home and told I was fine. Still wanting to rule out any health issues, I went to a cardiologist on my own and I will forever be grateful to him for not blowing me off and agreeing to do an echocardiogram. Today the nurse called me with the results and he said the structure of my heart and function was fine. He did diagnose me with mitral valve prolapse with mild regurgitation. He said it’s a benign condition but can cause anxiety, palpitations, etc. so while I hate having this condition it’s possible this was causing my anxiety and other symptoms. He stated he was going to prescribe a med to control the symptoms along with diet and lifestyle changes. Im still afraid to stop my Zoloft though.

Re: May Have Answer To My Anxiety

I'm sorry to hear about your condition but I'm glad you'll finally able to put your anxiety at rest! I hope everything works out for you and you'll be enjoy the rest of your life anxiety free!! ^-^

Thread Information