Thread: Mouth question ??

Mouth question ??

Hi guys,

I was doing my usual checking.....cant help myself sometimes and when i looked in my mouth i noticed a very small almost pin prick size red spot in my mouth, its on the soft tissue of the inside cheek left side quite near my lip.....so its the start of the weekend and i can feel the panic rising already. Its like a small red blood blister ....what worries me is its not sore, i was just at the dentist a week past and got the all clear and go back this coming Thursday for to get my filling redone as it fell out. Any ideas to what it could be, i do worry about mouth cancer , i haven't smoked for years and when i did it was occasional social smoking .....i do have the occasional drink as well but nothing extreme.....can anyone put my mind at rest ??

Re: Mouth question ??

It could be exactly what you've described it looking like - a small red blood blister ! Nothing more and nothing less. This is very common from minor trauma to the skin in the mouth .e.g. from biting the inside of your mouth accidentally to chewing something rather hard. It could even have been caused during the dental work, when your mouth was pulled about a bit.

Re: Mouth question ??

I have a shape to my cheek where my teeth rub and I get these. They are from chewing and the teeth just catching slightly (you don't even feel it). It is just enough to break a small blood vessel under the skin as the skin in the mouth is very thin and there are a lot of vessels.

You are fine!

Thread Information