Thread: Cardiac Event Monitor

Cardiac Event Monitor

Sorry I am posting this in 2 locations....I didn't know where would be best.

I was put on a cardiac event monitor for palpitations and episodes of tachycardia (which I have had for years, they are just re-checking). I've only ever worn a holtor monitor, not an event monitor.

Anyway, the monitor automatically records if it senses anything unusual, and over the past 5 days, I had 19 events, with me only pressing it about 5 or 6 times. The rest of the events were recorded by the monitor, always during the night...

However, last night alone I had NINE events, and I didn't press any. Here's the thing...I believe my heart rate at night is getting too LOW. At times I wake up almost gasping for air, but my pulse is super low. Why would it be doing this? Is it dangerous??

I am just concerned because my doctor will not be able to read these events until Monday morning.... Any advice would be appreciated!!

Re: Cardiac Event Monitor

I am wondering what type of moniter you have. Here in the uk we have holter moniter which is worn from 1 -7 days, then we have an event monitor which you use yourself to record an even where you press it to your chest and it records for a minute and then we have an implanted cardiac moniter which is implanted into your chest and can stay there for up to 3 years. I have the last one.

If your moniter whatever it is is recording 24/7 then everything will be picked up to be seen. If its the same as our event moniters where you yourself have to active it then as long as you have activated it they will be able to see whats going on.

Slow heart rate at night is normal, its only when it gets lower than 40bpm will they think mmmm whats this. My son who is very fit has a resting heartbeat of 50 -55bpm and its normal.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This is an event monitor- it is always "monitoring", but will not actually record the info unless it picks up an irregular heart beat, or I press the event button. During the day time, it has only recorded one time on it's own, however at night it has recorded multiple events. And like I said- last night it picked up 9 of them.

I am only guessing that my heart rate is getting to slow at night. I woke up in the middle of the night multiple times trying to catch a breath. It almost feels like sleep apnea to me...I know I just need to wait and see what the doctor says on Monday...it just had me worried to have so many events during one sleep period.

Thread Information