Thread: Weak heart questions

Weak heart questions

Hope someone can help....

Medications: propranolol, seroxat and bp meds

Situation: dizzy spell off balance for a bit at work (I had just got out the elevator so maybe a contributing factor?!)

Summary: Felt dizzy and off balance today so booked an appointment with doctors and I asked her to listen to my heart and she listened then said “well I can’t hear it very well” I nearly crapped myself! Why can’t she hear it well is it weak??? I’m stressed now!!!!

I asked her why she couldn’t hear it well and she said sometimes that happens with larger people ... but that didnt reassure me.

So I now feel more anxious than I did in the first place!!!

Re: Weak heart questions

Obviously the doctor doesn't feel it's an issue so why stress? You're on meds to control things anyway. What can we say that could help really? I agree with her reply. Sometimes it's harder to hear the heart in larger people (and by larger I assume overweight).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I automate thought omg I have a weak heart!!!!

I think the worst

Yes overweight

Thanks for the reply appreciate it and it makes sense.

I asked her for an ecg and she said no

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondrizzle View Post
    I automate thought omg I have a weak heart!!!!

I think the worst
    Yes overweight

Thanks for the reply appreciate it and it makes sense.

I asked her for an ecg and she said no
    Isn't that the crux of what HA is? You took one word out of context and made it a serious issue

The heart is the most durable muscle in our bodies. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' I'm a testament of that having had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. A "weak" heart is a heart that has been ravaged by disease and only occurs in the elderly and others with pre-existing conditions. If for a moment your doctor thought there was something to follow up on, it would have happened. The fact she refused to give you an ECG speaks volumes!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Isn't that the crux of what HA is? You took one word out of context and made it a serious issue

The heart is the most durable muscle in our bodies. It can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' I'm a testament of that having had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. A "weak" heart is a heart that has been ravaged by disease and only occurs in the elderly and others with pre-existing conditions. If for a moment your doctor thought there was something to follow up on, it would have happened. The fact she refused to give you an ECG speaks volumes!

Positive thoughts

It was a nurse and I think the fact she was dr made me doubt things.

Sorry I should have wrote she was a nurse.

I’m over weight and have abused my body with food in 35 and 21 stone I don’t drink or smoke hoping that is something half decent.

But your right I took one word out of context and shit myself. I find that I go over and over what happened during the appointment As well reading into it all

Thread Information