Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chronic fatigue syndrome or sjogren's syndrome

Re: Chronic fatigue syndrome or sjogren's syndrome

Hey guys.
    So after the antidepressants were upped I slept for 2 nights. Yay. But then I went to the gym. Spacing it a day apart. Since I have been back I haven't slept well. Very tired and oddly yesterday I had a rip roaring sinus headache which irritated my left eye which dried out and closed up.

It was really exhausting. I am still very scared I have cfs and know my anxiety is probably making me feel worse.

The eyes are the oddity here, but stress and anxiety are really huge contributors to fatigue sometimes. Keep in a dialogue with your doctor. See them every couple of weeks or so for a little bit. I really think you might be underestimating the toll the stress, anxiety, and SSRIs are having on you.

Hey thanks.

I'm on vacation to a dry and hot place and my left eye continuously dried out to the point it gave me headaches. I went to the beach and had a fun day of sight seeing and socializing.

I still have had broken sleep though my doc thinks it's antidepressants,and I felt totally fatigued today .like can barely talk or move tired.

Propped myself up on caffeine yesterday to combat the heat .

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepepsi View Post
    Hey thanks.

I'm on vacation to a dry and hot place and my left eye continuously dried out to the point it gave me headaches. I went to the beach and had a fun day of sight seeing and socializing.

I still have had broken sleep though my doc thinks it's antidepressants,and I felt totally fatigued today .like can barely talk or move tired.

Propped myself up on caffeine yesterday to combat the heat .
    Really hot in the UK too. Absolutely knackering heat. Drink plenty of water, spend time in the shade especially around noon, and keep your sugars and salts up. I recommend daiquiris or mojitos to drink with lots of ice.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

... and don't spend too much time on your mobile or computer, you're on holiday, plus too much screen time will make your eyes even drier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikepepsi View Post
    Yeah I guess the dry mouth is just an unusual thing. My doctor actually revised his guess (which was a broad guess) for cfs because he says there is not enough to back up that diagnosis and he things health anxiety and stress might be to blame.

Im really really worried it's something serious and chronic and can't shake the idea it's either cfs or sjogren's as neither have a good outcome.
    CFS or Sjogren's are autoimmune conditions and neither is a death sentence. 95% of people with autoimmune conditions are women, so the chances of you having either of these conditions is remote. Also AI conditions have a hereditary component so someone else in your family would have something similar.

I have CFS (possibly Sjogrens or Lupus as well) which I've had for over 30 years. Symptoms from this come and go in flares. I am sero-negative, which means that nothing have ever shown up in my blood work. I was diagnosed on my symptoms and history.

Anxiety does make things worse and symptoms can emulate more serious diseases so I have to keep on top of things. Apart from this I try to live my life normally, work part time, exercise (walk for an hour each day when fine) and do stretching exercises, eat healthily, keep a healthy weight, and drink plenty of water, etc.

The only med I'm on is Doxepin 10mgs (tricyclic antidepressant) at night. This low dose is to help with sleep and to manage symptoms, not depression. Many people with autoimmune conditions take Amitriptyline which is a cousin of Doxepin but not so sleep inducing.

I use Poly Gel lubricating eye gel at night for dry eye and Systane ultra lubricating eye drops for daytime use if needed. Both these products are made by Alcon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information