Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Itching. Lyphoma?

Re: Itching. Lyphoma?

I get very itchy when it is hot out and thus summer has been a scorcher

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    In all seriousness, how many times can you say this type of thing? “There’s no other explanation, I’m so depressed...” blah blah blah. It’s like you copy/paste your old threads and just change the type of cancer you simply must have.

Itching can be a sign of many things, regardless of skin appearance. Malignancy is way way down there at the very bottom of the possibilities.

Don’t you find it odd that you’ve literally went from being certain you were dying of thyroid cancer mere days ago and now that seems to have completely taken a back seat to your itchiness? For me it just goes to show that this “OMG I’m certain I’m dying” nonsense is simply for affect. You can’t go from believing you’re at deaths door one day to not even giving it a second thought the next.
    Maybe the itching is caused by thyroid cancer? I do still fear the thyroid cancer to be honest. My neck is still quite sore - mainly the side and back on the right side. However, the front is still a little sore when I yawn as well.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Has anyone else had all over itching that lasted all day for a few weeks with no cause? No allergy or anything?

I don't understand why you are not seeing someone about this.

You are ignoring most things people say which is very disrespectful to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Do you remember I posted on one of your threads about an old friend and neighbour that I grew up with that had leukemia - well he died 2 weeks after I posted that and then my brother-in-laws mum got diagnosed with late stage cancer and she died 2 weeks ago.

It is not fair to keep saying you have cancer when you have not even been diagnosed.

Please stop this and get help NOW.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Why can't your itch just be an itch? Why is it the worst possible scenario and only that?

Because your mind is catastrophizing. You need to seek help for this. Until you can learn to break the catastrophic thought process, you will never escape the endless loop of torment that your mind is feeding to you.. The good news is that you can do this, and your personal hell can end. But you must walk those steps, we can only encourage and support you on that journey.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Because you don’t itch all over your body for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Because you don’t itch all over your body for no reason.
    As I did with the similar poster, Hypo, I've safely googled so you don't have to. From anxietycentre.com:
    (literally the first result from "can anxiety cause itching")

Behaving apprehensively (worrying, fretting, being anxious) causes the body to activate the stress response, which brings about specific physiological, psychological, and emotional changes in the body to enhance the body’s ability to deal with a threat—to either fight with or flee from it. Due to the nature of these changes, the stress response is often referred to as the fight or flight response.

Because stress responses cause such dramatic changes in the body, stress responses stress the body, and especially the nervous system. The nervous system is responsible for sending and receiving sensory information to and from the brain, including sending and receiving sensory information from the nerve endings in the skin...

...When stress responses occur too frequently and/or dramatically, however, the body has a more difficult time recovering, which can result in the body remaining in a semi hyperstimulated state, since stress hormones are stimulants. We call this state stress-response hyperstimulation.

A body that becomes stress-response hyperstimulated can behave in odd and erratic ways. Experiencing itching and burning skin for no apparent reason is an example of how the body’s nervous system and sensory organs can ‘misbehave’ due to being overly stressed (it’s thought that the nerve endings in the skin become over active, and therefore, send incorrect information to brain, such as an itching and burning feeling).

While anxiety and stress caused itching and burning skin sensations may be unusual, they aren’t harmful or an indication of a serious medical problem. It’s just one more way a stress-response hyperstimulated body can produce odd and erratic symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I already have been itching for two weeks. Unfortunately it sounds like chronic itching is often associated with malignancy and articles I read encourage doctors to look for cancer-type causes if no skin condition is seen.

I'm so depressed. There is no other explanation for chronic itching at this point. I can't believe it. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment.
    Darkside,

I've been itching daily non stop for 6 months! My mum has had itching daily for years and has to put cream on daily and at some periods has had to have medicated bath treatments for it.

Itching being a sign of any malignant because of a couple of weeks is incorrect otherwise I have known quite a few people in my life who have been malignant too.

There are plenty of reasons, but part of your anxiety means you do the usual Minimisation/Maximisation that gives you this tunnel vision. It's to be expected, it's what we are all dealing with in some way or another recovering from anxiety but you have to work at it. Emotional Reasoning is another one you struggle with, you have to learn about your negative thinking to know your enemy.

The alternative is decades of what you are going through now.

---------- Post added at 02:12 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Do you remember I posted on one of your threads about an old friend and neighbour that I grew up with that had leukemia - well he died 2 weeks after I posted that and then my brother-in-laws mum got diagnosed with late stage cancer and she died 2 weeks ago.

It is not fair to keep saying you have cancer when you have not even been diagnosed.

Really sorry to hear yet another loved one of yours has suffered, Nic.

It must feel relentless?

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    As I did with the similar poster, Hypo, I've safely googled so you don't have to. From anxietycentre.com:
    (literally the first result from "can anxiety cause itching")

Yes, something to remember is how Paraesthesia are common with mental health problems.

Now that may sound quite scary but it's actually a category that covers pins & needles, spiders across the skin, etc.

Information has it's place in therapy, just the right type for counter evidence.

---------- Post added at 02:17 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    I get very itchy when it is hot out and thus summer has been a scorcher
    Yeah, me too. Some years I'll have a couple of weeks of intense itching or heat rashes for no reason at all as the seasons change. My asthma would flare up too.

Which all makes sense as being a Histamine issue hence inflammation, the latter being why asthma is aggravated as that's all about inflammatory response and production of excess mucus.

The amount of people I've spoken to in my life who said stuff about random itching periods, I just couldn't count...

Show some respect to the owner of this site and at least acknowledge what she has said to you

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post

He won't because it's always "all about him". I'm glad you have challenged him, Elen because this approach shouldn't be acceptable, no matter what mental illness he may or may not have or how tolerant we all should be.

I'm very sorry that you have had these bereavements, Nic and yes, it does make reading threads like this very distasteful for those of us affected by cancer in real life.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information