Thread: Fast racing heart woke me up from my sleep.

Fast racing heart woke me up from my sleep.

Last night, I went to bed late, very late actually at 4am ish. At 1am I had consumed some foods very high in sugar and fat (which I think might be the culprit here but mot sure).

At 4 am-4:30am , I woke up 3 or 4 times with a racing heart. It was going very fast and it made me worry but lasted only about 30 seconds max and I fell asleep again, for the next few hours I slept pretty well and woke up at 9am feeling fine.

This happened once before and that was when I had sugar and caffiene together, that was much worse and I was sure I was going to die (a couple of months ago).

I feel like I will end up dying in my sleep at this rate, it really worries me :( anyone else experienced this?

Re: Fast racing heart woke me up from my sleep.

I just had a nap and again woke up with a fast heart beat. This is so terrifying, the same thing happened to me in april for a day or so and I thought I had seen the end of those days.

I have no pain, nothing. No chest pain, no nausea, nothing. Just a fast heart beat. I am starting to think this could possibly link to my mestraul cycle because it was around the same time in april and once my period came, it had stopped.

Nobody?

I am terrified to go to sleep tonight:(

The important question is: does your heart slow down gradually or does instantly slow down?

A gradual slowing would be reassuring as that's normal.

I had something different as I used to wake up with my heart pounding hard at a normal rate if I had a nap during the day, it went away after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaahhfreakout View Post
    The important question is: does your heart slow down gradually or does instantly slow down?

A gradual slowing would be reassuring as that's normal.

I had something different as I used to wake up with my heart pounding hard at a normal rate if I had a nap during the day, it went away after a while.

Thank you so much for replying it hasnt happened since that day (thankgod) but I am scared ro sleep...I keep procraatinating sleep. 3am rn...should sleep soon.

I am not sure if its gradual or not, I think I instantly notice it now pounding and then when its not hard anymore I relax. If that makes sense

I hope its just anxiety.

No problem. A racing heart for a short time without other symptoms is usually okay. Sudden changes are what you look out for.

If it happens again then you should take your pulse and see if it slows down gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaahhfreakout View Post
    No problem. A racing heart for a short time without other symptoms is usually okay. Sudden changes are what you look out for.

If it happens again then you should take your pulse and see if it slows down gradually.

I think I have figured out what it is, it might be something called hypnic jerk, like my body sort of shocks itself awake. Apparently it can be accompanied by a fast heartbeat. Its very unpleasant, it happened last night too. I mean its quick, but its unpleasant. I wish it would stop :/

Thread Information