Thread: on the edge

on the edge

i could just take an overdose right now thats how bad i feel, mum and dad told me to stop moaning when i got home all i said was that hadnt happened by accident, (ie next doors kids aged 12yrs and 16yrs) had thrown one of those spinning things you skip over on your legs, hitting my dahlias and another piece on other side of the garden, dad said stop moaning, i made o ne comment, mum said they only kids, they are always upto no good, when i was 12years old i had respect for other people and their property

its me whose spent money making the garden nice and growing things from scratch, and spent my time out nuturing it all, and im made to feel worthless by my mum and dad, lik ethey dont appreciate it, i might as well have thrown my money down the drain, but doing the garden has kept me going through bad times, if it wasn't for this hobby or my pets i doubt id be here right now

had a panic attack at doctors as they been getting worse, was going to have my favourite cheese pie and beans for my tea but now no appetite im soo upset
    i took 4 laxatives don't know why i wanted to take more of my prescription promazine again like earlier in year, knew that if i did i may have them taken away from me again and i cant go a day without one promazine tablet in particular, if i dont have it im out of control with depression and anxiety, it keeps me more sane
    and i did take one more venlafaxine pill i take and i am only meant to take 3 of them daily, think thats highest they can go upto

ontop of all this got my pets urine sample results back from vets he is in kidney failure which we knew but i have to prepare for him to be leaving me soon now, i did think he would of gone months back but he's fought, i don't want to lose him, but if he shows signs of suffering will have him pts, but i would like him just to fall asleep i think then he wont know

Re: on the edge

this site will help you its always good to talk

Hi Lonely, it sounds like your major problem at this moment is NOT depression or anxiety, but stress! You've got loads going on at the moment, you have received horrible news about your pet, then all it takes is one thing which some people might view as minor (like those kids damaging your flowers) to tip you over the edge. It's almost ALWAYS the "little" things that do it.

But your point is, none of this stuff seems small to you, and nor should it. You are entitled to get upset about stuff so do not beat yourself up for this.

Your anxiety and depression are being made worse by stress; if you can find a way to calm down, a process which doesn't happen overnight but CAN be done by ANYONE, you will probably find you don't want to take extra medication.

My usual advice is to try inositol - which IMHO is superior to medication for reducing stress and anxiety - and trying some relaxation and self-help mp3s.

You should look at reducing the impact of stress before you attempt to go any further with your recovery. Believe me - reducing your stress levels is going to help.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi Poet hi Lonely I have just reading a bit about insotol. It does have good reports in relieving panic and anxiety but in major depression there is no improvement. For people who have mania then insotol is a complete no no as it can increase the risk of mania. Just a word of caution that is all. I wouldnt start taking supplements if you are already on medication from the doctors unless you have a chat to them first.

i don't think id be allowed anyway as im on 3 different combined meds for my anxiety/depression ie venlafaxine, promazine and mirtazapine

Thread Information